Sheids Street Cam??

Plugging Scheid might last at DTR but, I don't think you'll find too much love for them at this forum. I don't know maybe the pulling guys here may like them.

Scheids superior, expensive and arrogant ways proceeds them.

Actually your posts are the first that I've seen on this forum that were negatively pointed towards Scheid Diesel.......:what:

likely because not many use them so, there's not much to say.

I in no way am or have tried to bash Scheid. I feel for the money I spent with them.... about 16K, I deserved more than I got as far as support after the fact. If others have good experiences with them... great. I didn't and I don't see what's wrong with letting my experience be known.

I own a business myself and know had I have done a 16K job for someone and I didn't back what I did..... word of mouth would be a killer of business. That would be no one's fault but, my own. My statement are no ones fault but, Scheids. Had I been treated better, I'd have nothing but good to say about them.

I'm not in the habit of airing laundry but, because of my experience with Scheid, I wanted to be the counter point to John's Scheid commercial.

Last edited:
cam

i just took my street cam out of our 98 12v. it did dyno 512hp and 1060tq. i got 16mpg with .0135x5 injectors. i ran a 66 sled puller turbo. i though the cam was great. i ran it for 1 year. if you are lookin to buy call me i will sell you the whole package
Joe
615 446 3393

Plugging Scheid might last at DTR but, I don't think you'll find too much love for them at this forum. I don't know maybe the pulling guys here may like them.

Scheids superior, expensive and arrogant ways proceeds them.

:hehe:Thanks for the warning, but I'll take my chances. Some people don't like Don M. for some of the same reasons, go figure.

Last edited:
ikely because not many use them so, there's not much to say.

Triton, You might want to ask around. You might be surprised at how many people use Scheid for products and support.

dood... if you get your kicks out of being Scheid spokes person... more power to you. I have a right to voice my opinion.... at least here.

If you would have spent what I did and got the same treatment... I really doubt you'd be blowing Scheid compliments every where. Your statement about Don is proof of that.

Some people like who they deal with and some don't. Unfortunately, the don'ts usually come after it's too late.

Ty, John, I respectfully ask that we either keep out comments to the topic at hand or start another thread. If you guys want to talk about camshafts, feel free to do so. If you want to talk about customer service, etc, start another thread.

John, I must respectfully disagree. Ty has always expressed concern with the lack of attention he's been given with his Schied engine, even when they were building it. You've had a good relationship with them and he's had a bad one. What makes your opinion more worthy than his? Since when isn't he allowed to post his experience?

I don't care whether he's spent $1 or $100k, his customer experience should be the same.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brandon:

Sir, I have ALWAYS respected you and what you have accomplished with your trucks along with your opinions and input here.:rockwoot: And this situation is no different as far as I am concerned.

And my opinion is not anymore "worthy" than triton's. But,......with that being said, IMHO, there is a right and wrong way to handle things and the way "triton" has done this is not the right way! As you know, I have known Dan Scheid and almost all of his employees for over ten (10) years now, they have worked on my trucks, built my engnes and I have bought alot of parts from them in that span of time. In all that time, I have never been treated any other way than with alot of respect. I also know from past Scheid Customers, that in some cases what the Member said is NOT what has actually happened. I could give you many examples but out of respect to Timmy and the Moderators along with the privacy of Scheid Diesel and those customers I am not going to do that.

Years ago, I had a very bad experience with DTT Transmissions. I wanted to get on TDR at the time and "air my laundry" too, but I didn't! Instead, I went to another aftermarket transmission company and let all that crap go that I had experienced at DTT and I couldn't be happier with my choice Brandon.

It just seems to me that nowadays nobody gives vendors a chance to resolve problems they may have had with an aftermarket diesel performance company but would rather geton these public diesel websites and "air their dirty laundry" to anyone who will listen. I am sure I am alot older than triton and know he and I look at things much differently.

Take care Brandon.

---------
John_P

Ty, John, I respectfully ask that we either keep out comments to the topic at hand or start another thread. If you guys want to talk about camshafts, feel free to do so. If you want to talk about customer service, etc, start another thread.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Timmy:

You are EXACTLY right and my apologies to you and the Moderators here!

----------------
Respectfully,

John_P

dood... if you get your kicks out of being Scheid spokes person... more power to you. I have a right to voice my opinion.... at least here.

If you would have spent what I did and got the same treatment... I really doubt you'd be blowing Scheid compliments every where. Your statement about Don is proof of that.

Some people like who they deal with and some don't. Unfortunately, the don'ts usually come after it's too late.

How I get my kicks? I just related my positive experience as a counter point to your negative one! Sound familiar?

My statement about Don is proof of what? In my view, Don makes some of the best performance products on the market, but sometimes cast in the same light as you cast Scheid... Expensive, Arrogant :blahblah1: To my knowledge, Don's F1 products have helped push the CR engines to incredible HP numbers.

Sorry Tim.. I'll leave it alone.

childish

Don do you have to use every opportunity to get any little "dig" you can at Comp461? Uusually when children act like that its because of jealousy. What gives man? Grow up!!!

that's a 10-4 dood. Didn't expect all this at all. John thinks he's knows what he's talking about but if he wasn't so close minded, he might see another's point of view.

He has admitted the reasons for his statements.... he's Dan's boy and just because he's buddies with Dan doesn't give him the right to shut down someone else's opinion. I'm done with it.

I'll say it again... there's two sides to every story !

Last edited:
DPD in McDade, TX rules!!! There's my shameless plug for the year.

Now can we please get back to cam talk.

To answer your question about Scheid....

I have had nothing but the best experiances with Scheid. I agree their parts are expensive, but you will get a great product for the money spent. People try to cut corners and save a buck, but when you buy a Scheid product, it has been proven on the street and the track.

Some people confuse regrinds and their reliability because of their experiance with a cam in their quad or motorcycle. The "regrinds" used in the ATV industry are first hard welded then installed in an engine with stock rockers (or buckets) and compounded with heavy valve springs. It is a recipe for a failure. The rocker gets wiped out by the hard surface on the cam, then the ground up rocker takes out the cam.

Anyway, back to Scheid street cam. It is a great all around cam. Much better spool up than stock. I really do not know what it does for horsepower gains, but it definately makes drivability tons better.

Last edited:
One think to think about that has been and will always be in the performance world.

What one swears by. Someone else swears at.

just installed a schied street cam & it works great much quicker spooling & a little cooler egts , the only thing is my truck is now making less boost

will be checking over everything for any possible boost leak in the system before I can say the decrease in boost is due to the schied cam

Back