True Manual with pcs controller

kmkdiesel

I am trying to get true manual mode to work on my 48re swap in my 09. Right now I have the brown/pink wire tapped into my old exhaust brake switch. Which is input 16 and I have it selected to momentary and true manual, when I push the button it will show on the monitor it is getting the signal but it will not turn on true manual. If I swap it to cal b or cancel overdrive it will work fine. I have the yellow/blue wire which is analog 4 tapped into the ers switch and set to the right voltage for up/downshift. I assume I have it hooked up wrong. Can anyone with true manual working on there pcs tell me what wires they hooked up and what inputs they went to and what option they have selected. Thanks

Just wanted to update on this. I ended up playing with it quite a bit and figured it out so for future reference if anyone wants to hook it up you need to tap analog 5 or 6 into the ERS wire,(or what ever you are using to shift it up and down) and you have to have the digital input for true manual on a toggle or push button on/off switch. It wont work if its on momentary. It is pretty cool to be able to up shift and down shift on the fly now with the stock shifter.

Good info!

I've been wondering if a stock shift lever out of a newer truck would work with the 05 steering column for a while now. We want to do the same thing with our 48re for towing.

Back