Ladder Bars

Signature600

THA MAN!
At the risk of bringing up something that probably has been beat to death...I'm looking for a set of ladder bars. I'd rather not go with a single bar unless I have too, and don't really want to get into why, unless you can prove to me that they're better than a ladder bar/double bar setup.

Just looking to see if anyone knows of something I can fit on my 98, before I decide that there are no other options, and go with a single bar design!

Thanks Guys,
Chris

the ones eep are selling are made by darry poole (sp) and are 1000$

cris we are in the process of making a 3 link style ladder bar but i dont have prices as of yet but looking to be half of what eep charges pm me if youd like ill try to get some pics and prices for you
jeremy

I have a set of lazar bars on my '98 truck that I really like. and, they are adjustable. Check them out at: www.lazarsmith.com - > click on the "science" then "traction" link. It's an interesting site, these guys make some neat stuff. I hope you find this helpful..

These guy"s" is one guy and his son. And your right, mike makes some interesting stuff. And chris, I dare you to bend these bars or wrap your axle with one. I'm running them and I couldn't twist my rear axle if I tried.

I was planning on making the eep style bars, no real reason. I just like the look over the singles. Does anyone know if the front bracket pivits or is fixed? Im 99% sure its fixed but want to make sure. I may have $300 in them when done.

Chris...
I had a set of EEP's bars which started life out on Straley's puller until a couple of weeks ago.While at East Coast Diesel getting some transmission work done we miscalcuated how much stand was needed to lift the truck with the bars on.When the truck was raised into the air they bent like a V in the middle and were removed by us.Ladell had a set made by his builder and we used the EEP's mounts and brackets.They are 93" long and go to the double wall part of the frame at the transfer case.They are strong bars and took two of us to lift into place and bolt up.I am very happy with them and I am amazed at how much better the truck drives with the long bars over compared to the others I had.A single bar set is all you need as the doubles make the truck way to stiff to drive on the street.Here is a shot after we were done and I got home all covered in salt.......Andy

P.S.-Yes I know the truck is filthy underneath too.

Attachments

• East Coast Diesel 001a.jpg
    East Coast Diesel 001a.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 263
Thanks for all the opinions guys. If I have to go with a single bar, they will be the Mike's Lazar bars.

But I just like the look and theory of the double bars for me.
Thanks Again,
Chris

If I can't drive it I can't be too hard on equipment, can I??

I've put a whopping 110 miles on it since July 1st...this sucks!
Chris

Exactly. I shudder to think what your truck will go thru when you actually get to drive it. 8 months or so of pent up driving!!!!! :charger:

Double bars have an advantage it will keep the rear a little more stable. 110 miles is alot if your only going 300 feet at a time, not bad if your going .25 mile at a time either.

Nope...you haven't heard it idle...I'm thinking I'm also down power from my last dyno, with was only 378hp. Which is extremely pathetic, considering what I have done.

Oh well, everything should be better with the new pump!
Chris

Chris if you aren't in the 12s at TS. I think you should just kick your truck.:kick: It should make you feel better.

If I get the twins on before then, and I'm not in the 12's, the proverbial stuff will hit the fan.

Chris

BTW, kicking the truck could happen...it needs body work and paint now anyways, and it sure would make me feel better!

Back