II Dual Cp3 Kit questions..

Cummin_Get_Some

diesel fanatic
I bought one of your dual cp3 kits last year in July, this is on my 05 cummins, every since the kit was first installed on my truck it hasn't held rail pressure very well when trying to accelerate. I'm watching rail PSI with an Isspro rail gauge. I can be driving normal and running over 15k psi then when I go 100% throttle to accelerate hard, race, or dyno rail pressure drops down below 10k psi instantly and then comes back up and eventually reaches over 20K psi. I've had injectors checked, they were 100% good, brand new bosch connector tubes, and I put a rail cap on temporarily to make sure the prv leaking. Still have the same issue. I think that my CP3 controller maybe screwed up.... is it possible to get another controller and send mine back and have it checked out? The truck is my daily driver so I can't really have it down to just send my controller out, have it tested, and shipped back.

Another thing I noticed when looking at a friends II dual cp3 setup, I did not receive the clamp that attacheds to the intake to hold the HP line from the top pump.

Thank you,

Gus Hardesty

I bought one of your dual cp3 kits last year in July, this is on my 05 cummins, every since the kit was first installed on my truck it hasn't held rail pressure very well when trying to accelerate. I'm watching rail PSI with an Isspro rail gauge. I can be driving normal and running over 15k psi then when I go 100% throttle to accelerate hard, race, or dyno rail pressure drops down below 10k psi instantly and then comes back up and eventually reaches over 20K psi. I've had injectors checked, they were 100% good, brand new bosch connector tubes, and I put a rail cap on temporarily to make sure the prv leaking. Still have the same issue. I think that my CP3 controller maybe screwed up.... is it possible to get another controller and send mine back and have it checked out? The truck is my daily driver so I can't really have it down to just send my controller out, have it tested, and shipped back.

Another thing I noticed when looking at a friends II dual cp3 setup, I did not receive the clamp that attacheds to the intake to hold the HP line from the top pump.

Thank you,

Gus Hardesty
Sorry I have not responded. You could have a high pressure bypass valve broken. You could have a stuck or bad FCA. You could have extremely large nozzles. You could have a failed CP3 pump. The controler could be bad but I have not seen that too often. I have seen a bad ground cause issues with the controler. I would unplug each FCA and see if the engine and rail pressure change at idle speed. If you check the voltage at each FCA plug, with a multimeter, you should get the same reading. Call me, 1-801-557-8669

Back