taillight wiring

slor1de

Can anyone tell me what color the wire is for taillights at the flat plug under the dash where it comes thru the firewall. Cant seem to find it searching

This one is “Early Build”:

attachment.php

This one is “Late Build”:

attachment.php

Attachments

• BC76C94D-0221-4889-8B7A-1E7D47D038A1.jpg
    BC76C94D-0221-4889-8B7A-1E7D47D038A1.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 0
  • B120D52D-CCC7-4E08-BC32-890D374C50EB.jpg
    B120D52D-CCC7-4E08-BC32-890D374C50EB.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 0
It intrigues me as to how the manufacturers lay out harnesses and keep them straight, even with running revisions.

It's mindblowing the attention necessary to get lengths, color codes, connector plug types, mounting tabs, tagging and wrapping all correct.

When you think about it, you wonder why there aren't more burndowns.

Mark.

It intrigues me as to how the manufacturers lay out harnesses and keep them straight, even with running revisions.

It's mindblowing the attention necessary to get lengths, color codes, connector plug types, mounting tabs, tagging and wrapping all correct.

When you think about it, you wonder why there aren't more burndowns.

Mark.

Ah, hell. I make cable assembly drawings all the time. It ain't nothing complicated. You do one wire at a time. Make a prototype, test fit, record the required changes, correct the drawing, and built a million of them. Some use harness assembly boards....basically a sheet of wood with nails to aid in the layout and lengths....but the girls on our assembly floor just use a ruler or a tape measure. They are magicians at it. The mind-blowing part to me about the automotive world is the way they complicate the absolute schidt out of everything to make it all CAN bus and computer controlled but don't give us any extra functionality and lock it all down. Or back-up systems. Redundancy. Anything would be helpful. I guess coming from a DoD contactor where reliability is a huge concern and dang near everything has redundancy because it HAS to work or people can die, I get heart burn to see stuff so ill thought out.

Back