GT50's are coming for you compound guys ;)

A S400 88 will move around 135lbs/min. The exhaust side is the difference as the GT50 is the UHP design. Like the GT55......best design currently.
Ok excuse my ignorance. Better turbine side equalls less drive pressure or just more lbs/min or both?

When equal A/R's are used their should be no difference. Now here is where it gets muddy. A 1.00A/R open is not the same as a 1.00 divided. To achieve the same spool with a open housing, you would need ~.92A/R housing. The divider is typically not taken into account when A/R is calculated.

I see what you are saying, could you just pm me a price on one with the 1.40 divided then. I think with the way a 3406 manifold is setup that will work better. Thank you.

I was wondering the turbine flows of the S400 also, but mostly the T6 1.32 A/R with the 96/88mm turbine in it??

Thanks.

According to the Thumper turbo thread:
DRTurbo replied "the S400 turbine with 1.32A/R housing flows around 63-65lbs/min max.....or in other words will support about ~138lbs/min max om compressor side."

According to the information in the other thread, due to the smaller housings, this turbo's larger turbine flows less than the 1.32 88/96 combo?

Last edited:
I see garret put this in their line at the sema show.

Yes sir they did. We have them already.....actually have had them now for over 6 months ;). We CNC them here in house for a few other companies now. They really are awesome units and that 98mm UHP turbine is just awesome.

According to the Thumper turbo thread:
DRTurbo replied "the S400 turbine with 1.32A/R housing flows around 63-65lbs/min max.....or in other words will support about ~138lbs/min max om compressor side."

According to the information in the other thread, due to the smaller housings, this turbo's larger turbine flows less than the 1.32 88/96 combo?

They made changes ;). GT50 turbine wheel with 1.08A/R ~ flows the same as the 96mm 1.32 combo. Turbine wheel is now a 99.06/90.78. :rockwoot: All the A/R's from the GT47 will be available as well. :Cheer:

Also they are casted with a 13 deg clip from the factory as well. Drive pressure is going to be spot on with this unit.

Gt47-88 housing

Can you guys give me some advice please i am running a GT47-88 T6 with 0.96 a/r i am wanting a rear divided housing to run a QSv can you supply on in size 1.39 please? Also how much more power/lag will i get from changing the rear housing from a 0.96 to 1.39 on a 3.0L supra? Spool is now 5500rpm on stage 4 cams so very laggy,... : Car currently makes just under 1200bhp with 2 bar boost and 8200rpm will be revving to 9500rpm is the turbo can support this! cheers Stu

Can you guys give me some advice please i am running a GT47-88 T6 with 0.96 a/r i am wanting a rear divided housing to run a QSv can you supply on in size 1.39 please? Also how much more power/lag will i get from changing the rear housing from a 0.96 to 1.39 on a 3.0L supra? Spool is now 5500rpm on stage 4 cams so very laggy,... : Car currently makes just under 1200bhp with 2 bar boost and 8200rpm will be revving to 9500rpm is the turbo can support this! cheers Stu
Id email or call jose(forced inductions)he ll answer all your questions.

Stu right now the GT47 divided housings are rare and hard to get. We get 1 or 2 every once in a while. The 2JZ works well with them with the QSV indeed. We have been though switching some 2JZ's over to the GT50 and they are been working awesome with that turbo. As the GT47 has a hard time keeping up with a 2JZ motor.

Back