Carbon Fiber Work

oldskoolfab

I wanted to let y'all know I do carbon fiber and aramid fiber work. I have molds ready for exhaust stacks, just waiting on the high temp resin to be delivered. The stack will be a typical 7"x36" w/ a 5" inlet and a 45 degree miter cut at the top. My stacks are not on the market yet, they will be tested on Suncoast's Dodge before I make them available. I want to ensure the resin will with stand the heat. There are many different weaves and colors to choose from to match your vehicle. If you want to have something made out of carbon fiber and can't find it on the market please email me, I specialize in the stuff nobody else wants to do. Most of the work I have done in the past has been one off pieces that folks can't find otherwise on the market. My email addy is swampcat24@cox.net and my name is Randy

I wanted to let y'all know I do carbon fiber and aramid fiber work. I have molds ready for exhaust stacks, just waiting on the high temp resin to be delivered. The stack will be a typical 7"x36" w/ a 5" inlet and a 45 degree miter cut at the top. My stacks are not on the market yet, they will be tested on Suncoast's Dodge before I make them available. I want to ensure the resin will with stand the heat. There are many different weaves and colors to choose from to match your vehicle. If you want to have something made out of carbon fiber and can't find it on the market please email me, I specialize in the stuff nobody else wants to do. Most of the work I have done in the past has been one off pieces that folks can't find otherwise on the market. My email addy is swampcat24@cox.net and my name is Randy
Post some pics of previous work.

I don't have molds for body pieces yet, I just recently crossed over and started doing performance parts for the diesel race community. I would need to get OE parts to replicate a mold but to answer your question, yes I have been asked if it was possible by the guys here at Suncoast (I live two minutes from their shop). Please forgive, I'm not that familar Dodge, what year range is the 2nd gen Dodge?

Hell just build a whole truck out of carbon fiber!! Haha the stack sounds really cool. What price range are these going to be? I would be interested in one for the right price ;)

Sorry all, I must become a sponsor before I can discuss this further. My apologies to you and this forum for breaking the rules.

:bang
Sorry all, I must become a sponsor before I can discuss this further. My apologies to you and this forum for breaking the rules.

Discuss, just don't be waiving your shop name and prices everywhere. Trust me these trucks need CF, so I'm sure u can help out quite a bit.

I don't have molds for body pieces yet, I just recently crossed over and started doing performance parts for the diesel race community. I would need to get OE parts to replicate a mold but to answer your question, yes I have been asked if it was possible by the guys here at Suncoast (I live two minutes from their shop). Please forgive, I'm not that familar Dodge, what year range is the 2nd gen Dodge?

I have a 97 1500 body here that you could use. The 2nd gens are 1500 94-01 and 2500-3500 are 94-02.

I also sent you a pm.

Any idea how much weight you would save in weight going from fiberglass to carbon fiber hood? Both painted...... Yes, painted lol.

Any idea how much weight you would save in weight going from fiberglass to carbon fiber hood? Both painted...... Yes, painted lol.

From what I have experienced in past parts completed, you will get a 30% weight savings over plastic or polypropylene. You'll get a 75% weight savings over steel or stainless steel. I honestly haven't made weight comparisons, for example stacks, all that information will be provided as I get the test stack completed.

Back