Best fuel line bender

connermcpherson

Done with diesels....
Building an intake and gonna be bending some .120 SS lines. What yall use for line benders? I have a couple but they all suck and looking for something a little stronger to bend these lines.

I would assume that most just use a brake line bender, but I have never had to bend fuel lines, so I would not know from personal experience.

The pivot points is a big thing. For occasional use a cheap one is okay, when you make a chit ton of injection lines the pivots on the cheap benders wear out.

The Ridgid benders also make a very tight radius, and 180* is a handy option to have.

True if I was using the bender more than every now and then I definitely would get something rated for it. The OP is asking for bending a set of lines, not enough to warrant spending more on a industrial rated bender, unless he plans on using it more often.

Thanks guys. Going with stainless cause they were available in town and i needed them asap. I have bent a few sets of lines for gassers, just my bender sucked lol. The haisley lines are what 3/16?

Last edited:
True if I was using the bender more than every now and then I definitely would get something rated for it. The OP is asking for bending a set of lines, not enough to warrant spending more on a industrial rated bender, unless he plans on using it more often.
1 set of lines will most likey destroy that harbor freight bender.

I have a industrial bender that I broke making a set. The injection lines are extremely hard.

Not to hi-jack but... Other then stainless what kinda of "tubbing" would you use? How do you do the ends?

You buy them with the ends on them already, there is also Mild-Steel lines.

Correct, the are sold pre flared with the 24v nut on one side and the p7100 nut on the other. I talked to Haisley and they Recommend Imperial benders, which is what they use to bend their lines. And even better i get awesome discount on them through Grainger.

The CDS one is several cones with a stop on them. Each size is a different radius bend and the stop holds the line as you bend it around. It also has lugs to mount it into a vise. There are no moving parts to break or wear out.

Correct, the are sold pre flared with the 24v nut on one side and the p7100 nut on the other. I talked to Haisley and they Recommend Imperial benders, which is what they use to bend their lines. And even better i get awesome discount on them through Grainger.
That's the brand I broke. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did.

The CDS one is several cones with a stop on them. Each size is a different radius bend and the stop holds the line as you bend it around. It also has lugs to mount it into a vise. There are no moving parts to break or wear out.
That sounds like the ticket right there. How much is it?

Swagelok makes the best tube benders you can buy. I have a few that have made over 100,000 bends if they made 1. The bender needs to be sized exactly to the line being bent. The walls on the die restrict the tube and keep the tube ID from becoming oval or kinking completely. It is critical on thick walled small ID tube.

Last edited:
Swagelok makes the best tube benders you can buy. I have a few that have made over 100,000 bends if they made 1. The bender needs to be sized exactly to the line being bent. The walls on the die restrict the tube and keep the tube ID from becoming oval or kinking completely. It is critical on thick walled small ID tube.

Swagelok for sure make the best bender. That's what I use at work.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Back