2008 F250 06 CR 5.9 Swap in BC, Canada

Vadis

Been lurking around the site for a bit now and figured I'd post an intro and slip back into the shadows.

Picked up a bone stock, old man driven, decently clean 08 F250 with the 5.4/5R110 in Aug 2018. It didn't stay stock for long and has been getting more and more progressively in-depth upgrades.

Quickly came to hate the 8-9 mpg and a year almost to the date I picked up a core 06 5.9 to rebuild. 2 years after that and I'm only, hopefully, a few weeks away from pulling the truck off the road and dropping the Cummins in.

This will be my first diesel so it's been a bit of a learning curve. I'm an automotive machinist by trade so the engine rebuild was a piece of cake. Converting a gas truck to a diesel on top of swapping a Cummins in a Ford has been very interesting learning experience.

Picture of the truck the day I got it and how it sits now. Also pictures of the 5.9
IMG_0041.PNG
IMG_9370.jpg
IMG_9351.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! I have read that thread and it's quite informative.

I have most everything figured out for the swap at this point. The last few things are minor stuff like intake and intercooler pipes which can't be done without the engine in the truck.
I'm currently just cleaning up pieces and making it all look pretty while I wait for the last few swap pieces to arrive.

Back