95' Junker Drag Truck

Big Blue24

Comp Diesel Sponsor
After 1 full year of searching, I found the perfect junk project drag truck. It's a 1995 Single Cab 12v 2wd with an auto. Truck has 240K miles and looks like it's been beat on it's whole life. The primary focus of this build is to create an ugly fast truck. This truck already has the ugly part down, now it just needs to go fast.

Attachments

• 95-0.jpg
    95-0.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 247
  • 95-1.jpg
    95-1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 95-2.jpg
    95-2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 95-3.jpg
    95-3.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 95-4.jpg
    95-4.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 95-5.jpg
    95-5.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 174
  • 95-6.jpg
    95-6.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 173
  • 95-7.jpg
    95-7.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 95-8.jpg
    95-8.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 119
  • 95-9.jpg
    95-9.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 95-10.jpg
    95-10.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 242
  • 95-11.jpg
    95-11.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 95-12.jpg
    95-12.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 147
Looks like a fun project. With good traction, 12's on the stock turbo shouldnt be a problem.

How fast do you plan on having it ready to race?

Eric

Looks like a squirrel or a rat made a few nests in the engine bay. And look at that cheap Fram filter, i may be on a tight budget but a Fram oil filter is the one place i won't try to save money. Plugged oil galleys seem to ruin even the mighty Cummins!

I'm on a tight budget so it will take a while. I'm tempted to make it road worthy and get it registered so I can make some base line runs. Problem is, if I get it registered, I will have to insure it. Insurance would take $60 dollars per month out of my "truck budget".

It runs and drives, 240K miles. Power steering doesn't work. Idles perfect, has enough power to spin those "trailer tires". Pump looks like it hasn't been touched. I paid $1500 for it.

I'm on a tight budget so it will take a while. I'm tempted to make it road worthy and get it registered so I can make some base line runs. Problem is, if I get it registered, I will have to insure it. Insurance would take $60 dollars per month out of my "truck budget".
Why not trailer it to the track?

Have fun with the project.

seems a little exspensive for the condition but its a project. i attempted the same thing, but then my 4wd 12v needed a tranny last fall so i had to sell my project and let someone else finish it, its in good hands though :) heres my ex junker at the track
2wdcummins.jpg
it was a one legger, i would spin past half track, and thats letting out of it and getting back in several times and it still ran low 16's lol. stock converter too and tranny with 236k on them and no lock up switch, the converter didn't lock until almost 75mph i only hit 85 in the quarter :hehe:

seems a little exspensive for the condition but its a project. i attempted the same thing, but then my 4wd 12v needed a tranny last fall so i had to sell my project and let someone else finish it, its in good hands though :) heres my ex junker at the track
2wdcummins.jpg
it was a one legger, i would spin past half track, and thats letting out of it and getting back in several times and it still ran low 16's lol. stock converter too and tranny with 236k on them and no lock up switch, the converter didn't lock until almost 75mph i only hit 85 in the quarter :hehe:

:hehe::hehe: Ryan, If you have more of these pics, please post em on my thread.:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Thanks guys, I thought it was a good deal.

I found a 95' dually single cab with about 300K miles for $2450 down in the Phoenix area that was in a little better shape. I almost pulled the trigger cause the 10K GVWR doesn't need a smog/opacity check here in Nevada. A dually would require expensive new rear single wheels and tires to make it how I would have wanted it so I passed it up.

That thing is BEAUTIFUL! But you've got some competition. I bought my ghetto drag truck about 2 weeks ago and have to get cracking on it. Body is a little nicer on mine, but trans is toast, rear bumper and box were removed. I plan on putting a piece of plywood down where the box was, and some aftermarket lights. That way, at least I can drive it! Mine is a twin to yours (reg cab, 2wd, auto).

Back