6.7 intake horn

Got the intake installed, fits great. Man after looking at the restriction from the grid heaters and the factory intake the dyno should show some good results. Driving it seems to spool and resond much better. I can't believe how much soot is in the intake, this is good how? Still can't wrap my head around why soot in the intake is good for anything. I can see alot of heads being remove to clean up the restriction caused by the soot build up. After only 10,000 miles mine had alot of build up.

Will hit the dyno again tomorrow for some results.

Malcolm

Sorry for the long awaited numbers. Over all the new intake and intake plate made about 5-7 hp more and about 12-15 more ft lbs of tq on the Hot setting on the H and S tuner. The power comes on about 300 rpm sooner.

Temperature here was hot and humid, bad for testing.

Higher HP guys will probably benifit from this intake and see greater gains due to the fact that the stock intake is soo restrictive.

I will be towing this weekend and will report back about the egt reduction.

Over all drivability is better, spool up is better and less black smoke.

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm, I guess the question I have to ask is how much difference in temp & humidity in the test versus your base run? And how much would the difference affect the power difference? Thanks for posting up the digits.

Well having driven a 2010 with a blackmaxx I can tell you for certain you are not out of air, even on Hot. So the additional power is just purely an efficiency gain.

Most I have seen for boost out of the 2010 with a blackmaxx and dpf delete, was ~29-30psi and ~1200degrees, no smoke at all. Even pulling a big 5th wheel trailer temps only would get to ~1300 degrees, with all of the safety's shut off. The black maxx really just doesn't fuel that hard.

I am sure on a truck (pre 2010 as I don't think there is anything other then the blackmaxx actually available) that has some decent fueling, there would be some bigger hp gains.

The thing I am most impressed by with this intake setup, is the 300rpm gain, that is right up there if not better then installing a good cam. :clap:

On my 2010 (before the intake and plate mod) stock setting no dpf egt were 980-1000 max towing. Mild setting 1100-1150 towing. On race setting it would hit 1300. On Hot it would go to 1450 and then defuel itself.

When I tow I tow on the Mild setting, My total GCWR is 26,500 lbs. Anthing above that I think I can feel the transmisson slipping.

After the intake and plenum mod egt dropped 75-100 across the board.

My Fuel economy seems to have gotten better also.

Malcolm

Passenger, any idea when you guys will have more air horns available? I still want one, I want to get rid of the stock air horn.

Well new results in since the prototype, first lets start with the changes.

-New Thermal dispersant coating, it kicks ass.
-Tube for the intake horn and charge tube is now 4"x.125" wall aluminum, on a 4" clr. We made a trick forming die to get the tube to fit the base perfectly.
-O ring seal
-Dipstick bracket anodized (major hp here LOL )

Pictures:
Intakehorn1.jpg

Intakehorn2.jpg
Intakehorn3.jpg

Intakehorn4.jpg

intakehorn5.jpg

intakehorn6.jpg

Intakehorn7.jpg

Results, tested on a truck with Air Dog 150, PDI exhaust manifold, H&S Mini Maxx, H&S rail plug, EGR/Cooler deleted, DPF Deleted & an AFE stage 2 cold air intake, with the stock intake horn and charge tube. Heater grid was left in place for all runs.

Stock: 433 horsepower, 871 torque, 112*F intake air temp and 1450F*EGT.

My intake horn and charge tube: 447 horsepower, 909 torque, 52*F intake air temp and 1212*F EGT

Serious temperature reduction.

Well new results in since the prototype, first lets start with the changes.

-New Thermal dispersant coating, it kicks ass.
-Tube for the intake horn and charge tube is now 4"x.125" wall aluminum, on a 4" clr. We made a trick forming die to get the tube to fit the base perfectly.
-O ring seal
-Dipstick bracket anodized (major hp here LOL )

Pictures:
Intakehorn1.jpg

Intakehorn2.jpg
Intakehorn3.jpg

Intakehorn4.jpg

intakehorn5.jpg

intakehorn6.jpg

Intakehorn7.jpg

Results, tested on a truck with Air Dog 150, PDI exhaust manifold, H&S Mini Maxx, H&S rail plug, EGR/Cooler deleted, DPF Deleted & an AFE stage 2 cold air intake, with the stock intake horn and charge tube. Heater grid was left in place for all runs.

Stock: 433 horsepower, 871 torque, 112*F intake air temp and 1450F*EGT.

My intake horn and charge tube: 447 horsepower, 909 torque, 52*F intake air temp and 1212*F EGT

Serious temperature reduction.

are these available yet and price

Works as well as it looks. I noticed a big improvement on my 2010 truck from the stock piece, on throttle response and the drop in EGT's.

Thanks Dave.

This is by far the best piece we have seen to date, for the intake solution on the 6.7 liter. Outside of milling and side mount, the build, fit, finish, and performance is there.

:clap::clap::clap:

Isn't the rest of the aftermarket intake horns and heat deletes giving the same exact gains...? Sure its a nice looking piece, how is it better than the H&S, Shibby, etc..?
Just a Q, don't hate on me to much.

I'm looking at this piece and the Glacier Diesel intake. I will say with passengers intake you get alot of extra hardware, fuel line, boots, boost tube, clamps. It's a really nice piece.

I do agree, if i would have not already purchased the Shibby Engineering (thanks FTE) intake horn and throttle valve delete i would look at this piece based on looks alone. I like fancy **** sometimes.

Back