Can someone explain T04 turbos to me

Ive got a dt360, p-pump swapped, afc spring and 055 dv's. I put a borg warner s363 on it and i haven't been super happy with turbo. I really liked the t04e17 that was on the 360 but was looking for some more air flow. With all the variations and the JDM popularity in the t04, the information has been really confusing to me.

I can get a really good deal on a t04b25 off a 466 and i was thing of taking the compressor side of the b25 and putting it on the turbine housing of the e17. Anyone see why this wouldn't work? Or can anyone recommend something that would be better?

The dt360 is a 5.9L. So I would look at what the 5.9 guys run for a turbo with the same fuel you have. In your case you would be better with the 68mm turbine and a smaller housing. Like the .83 mentioned above.

Last edited:
It is a divided, i wanna say its a .91 thou with a 73mm turbine.
Is it a clipped turbine? Everyone says those are dogs. I have one with a 66mm compressor and haven't bothered putting a turbine housing on it because no one wants them.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Is it a clipped turbine? Everyone says those are dogs. I have one with a 66mm compressor and haven't bothered putting a turbine housing on it because no one wants them.

Im not certain, how would you check for that? Measure the turbine and see if it substantially less than 73mm?

Going with the 68mm and .83 housing makes sense to me over what i have now. If i can can find a housing and a turbine, ill swap them out and give it a shot.

Im not certain, how would you check for that? Measure the turbine and see if it substantially less than 73mm?

Going with the 68mm and .83 housing makes sense to me over what i have now. If i can can find a housing and a turbine, ill swap them out and give it a shot.
The exducer blades will roll off like a shoulder instead of coming out to a point/right angle. I will see if I have a picture of mine somewhere.

I think you will be happy with the 63/68. I was until I sent mine to the moon...

Last edited:
The exducer blades will roll off like a shoulder instead of coming out to a point/right angle. I will see if I have a picture of mine somewhere.

I think you will be happy with the 63/68. I was until I sent mine to the moon...

Well, SOB, mine is clipped, yeah, i gotta do something about that

Well, SOB, mine is clipped, yeah, i gotta do something about that
I don't know that it's junk.... Just slightly handicapped. There are a couple of threads around here talking with Weston about it. That turbine was targeted more for stationary engines with a set rpm. The design let's them flow more, but at the expense of response. I am curious about what turbine is on yours. I need one for mine so I can sell it.

Im going to Frankenstein me up a turbo with parts i have laying around. When i pull it, ill get measurements and specs for you and see if its something you can use. Ill just put my 363 off to the side until i can get my hands on a turbine and housing for it. I am certain its a clipped unit, just going off of memory from when i had it apart a few weeks ago

I am curious about what turbine is on yours. I need one for mine so I can sell it

Im going to Frankenstein me up a turbo with parts i have laying around. When i pull it, ill get measurements and specs for you and see if its something you can use. Ill just put my 363 off to the side until i can get my hands on a turbine and housing for it. I am certain its a clipped unit, just going off of memory from when i had it apart a few weeks ago
I have a 68mm turbine housing that might be usable if you want it. It has some contact damage. Might not be worth messing with.

If your 363 a strap style to hold in the CHRA?

PS . I meant to say Turbine Housing when I asked what yours was. I don't know how I missed the housing part.

I have a 68mm turbine housing that might be usable if you want it. It has some contact damage. Might not be worth messing with.

If your 363 a strap style to hold in the CHRA?

PS . I meant to say Turbine Housing when I asked what yours was. I don't know how I missed the housing part.

Yes, it is a strap style, 4 bolt, 2 straps.

Honestly, if your housing isnt cracked or missing chunks, i wouldn't mind using it. Any scratches and burs can be filed and sanded, if the scratch is big enough to be problematic, i can braze in some nickel to fill it.

T4 flange and 3.5" vband right?

Project T04F (Frankenstein)

Parts im working with is a exhausting housing from a dt360, 58mm turbine, 1.00 a/r, t4, 3.25 vband.
Reason: bolts into position with no modification
Compressor wheel from a t3/t4 hybrid, 57 trim
Reason: its billet.
CHRA and compressor housing from a 466 T04b.
Reason: fits the combination i have and retains the inlet and discharge size of the s363

Back