Sucked my BHAF into the turbo

mhuppertz

Ruined my turbo with air cleaner material.
It is a Stage 4, 60mm I think hybrid with a 16cm ex housing.
Should I find a shop to fix it, or should I step up to a larger cold side?
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20200806_174948.jpg
    20200806_174948.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200806_174939.jpg
    20200806_174939.jpg
    825.1 KB · Views: 0
Well, an excuse to upgrade is an excuse to upgrade. Always fail up.

Although I mostly just want to say, Damn, that sucks. Reminds me that I'm due to replace my filter. Just gotta remember what goofy year of Hino it was off of.

BHAF haven't heard that term for probably 10 years LOL.

You're dating yourself mister. LOL

Is that an HX50 ?
I would pull that compressor housing off with the intention of repairing the turbo.
Even if you plan on upgrading, that turbo should be repairable. Might want to invest in a better intake system too. That filter looks like you neglected it. It must have been pretty well clogged, then when it got wet, your turbo ate it.

The first thing I'd do it learn to replace that filter before it gets full. LOL Cheese-n-rice, man. It even has rust on it! :hehe:

BHAF does put some age on some folks. :D

The first thing I'd do it learn to replace that filter before it gets full. LOL Cheese-n-rice, man. It even has rust on it! :hehe:

BHAF does put some age on some folks. :D
Mind yourself. It's no-longer acceptable to post the obvious on social media.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

First time I've heard it in a few years was bout a week ago. Guy called me the other day giving me a list of stuff he wants done to a vp truck. He said "baahhhfffff" filter on the phone. We both paused and i started laughing realizing he was trying to pronounce bhaf

... along the same lines, I'm pretty tired of seeing those little tiny cone filters mounted directly to the turbo inlet. I've seen that setup munch an engine or three.

I'm like, hey man, you know that filter is for a lawn mower ?

A guy once told me that his tiny filter was just to protect the turbo, and the charge air cooler supplied the engine.

BHAF and HX50 together , is the combination I personally would like to avoid...:hehe:

Man, you guys are almost make me worry about my filter, it's a bhaf version by I think AFE. Surely its enough for a HE351CW!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Why all the BHAF hate? Is there something better available nowadays than a filter off a semi or medium duty?

Back