Let's talk shop heat

Omni waste oil heaters. They also can be made to work with for heat set ups. Also with ac set ups.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I'm still tickled pink with this radiant tube. I had to rework all four hubs last night. Even with the door open from 6pm to 11pm with 20 degrees outside and an inch of snow on the ground, it was very comfortable working in the shop. I used a few blankets to knock down the wind, but it was open under the trailer. Still nice and warm. I was really surprised.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1223[1].jpg
    IMG_1223[1].jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 0
Looks like it would have held a lot of heat in! Did you have to crank the thermostat up at all?

Sent from my Toilet Explorer

I know it. I should have done the shop and house that way. But it was like $12K at the time. I failed because I was a cheap ass.

Yeah, you were cheap.

Radiant floor heat and plumbing was $150K on my new shop...I know it's high, but it's worth every penny over the years.

Chris

12,000 sq ft plus 6' in my aprons in front of all the doors for snow melt.
There is about $35,000 in copper in my building since it is big enough all the runs could not come back to the boiler direct, it all had to manifolded off and plumbed. Add that to the $14,000 in insulation for underneath the slab to help hold the heat in the slab instead of wasting it heating dirt.

But, I'm now heating that 12,000 sq ft on $1250/month average. It's expensive, but efficient one done.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

You can see some of the overhead plumbing up in front of the windows.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

It's a big space
Chris

Last edited:
Back