MaxSpool Engineering Cast Billets 207 Magnum

COMP461

Comp Diesel Sponsor
A few months ago, I finally pulled the trigger on releasing the next member of the MaxSpool Magnum series. The Magnum series is my most power Pro Street cam today. This is a no holds barred street cam, require piston to valve clearance modification, and MaxSpool Dual Springs. I have always wanted to do this cam, and the computer modeling screamed “Grind this cam, and it will make power”.

The new 207 Magnum Cam in the most advanced street cam available. The advanced symmetric lobe design , controls the valve train movements like no cam in diesel history.
This advance design allows more area under the curve, meaning more air in the motor, and dropping boost number 25% allowing a cooler intake charge.
This cam work well with high flowing cylinder heads, like the ones Greg at ZZ custom fabrication is currently turning out, but also picks up dramatic gains in stock heads.

The specs are 207-intake 216 exhaust 112 to 118 lobe separation angle depending on application. I grind each cam for the individual, no foreran cookie cutter cams here
The first cams are in motors and the results are dramatic.

I just purchased a 207 magnum for my short block. Hope it spools the 2 charger like gang busters. Remember these engines are just overgrown air pumps. I think I did my homework, before you buy a cam do your homework and you will find theres a lot or pitch line and BS. Remember all cams aren,t equal. The key is airflow. Thanks Greg:Cheer:

I am about to start building a street truck/ weekend 2.6 puller....think ya have anything for me?

I'm kicking myself for not putting as I like to call it "Magnum XL" in earlier.
It's hands down the best mod I have done to my truck since the day I bought it 3 years ago. It took a truck that wouldn't be considered street-able and turned it into a 1K HP grocery getter! :Cheer:

Feel free to pm me to discuss further

thanks , we worked hard on this new design, and its going to really make some people look up and pay attention .
can you tell a differance in Smoke and EGT

Smoke is down at least 40% And the EGT's were 150* cooler while under moderate excelleration.

The weather looks to be better for us this weekend I should be able to get some testing in with it. As of now im still speechless....

If I would have never put in the Scheid cam:badidea: I would be ahead of the game

So this is a street cam? Is it something you can use for towing? Ben M was telling me how much he likes his cam from you but I didn't realize it was not just a competition only cam!

This cam has Good Street manners, as would any thoughtful designed cam program, but it’s more for the guy that want to step up and move a lot of air , to facilitate making big power. This cam requires additional piston clearance, and will not work with the inexpensive single 110-valve spring. The single springs have a taller coil bind, and achieve to much over the nose pressure for a cam that has .500 lift at the valve.
I have the MaxSpool 188 Magnum if that is you goal
Also I’ve had a few ask, this cam profile cannot be ground on a regrind, there is just no way of fitting this on anything other than a new UGL.

It’s a wide lobe design 1.00 wide ,
A Cummins by design, does not have tapper on the lobes, but rather offsets the lobe in relation to the lifter centerline and this causes the lifter to rotate. If you make the lobe too wide, you will impede the rotation of the lifter. The width of the lifter on even the 12 valve cams is more than enough to work on all but the biggest race cams.

The lifter rotates and a oil wedge coves the lifter just as the cam lobe wipes across it, this hydrodynamic bearing that keeps the two apart.
There is a lot of smoke and mirrors marketing going on. Wider is not always better, my lobes are significantly wider but at the limit of what the engineers believe is necessary. At a point in time when you start to have a lot of valve lift, the over the nose pressure of the springs needs to be addresses. I have addressed this issue on the 2.6 engine programs that Tommy at Keeter Engineering is currently building. I did this is the same process we use on NASCAR flat tappet cams. We use a oiler system on the tappets thenselves .Ive done this for many years on other projects.

The lobes on a NASCAR engine are flat tappet just like the Cummins ,but are half as wide , the lift, is in the .800 ranges , and the spring pressure is huge compared to any diesel even 6500 rpm diesels . These engines go 500 miles at 7500 to 10,000 rpms. And the cams look new after the race.
Something to thank about, the new comers to the cam market trout that their cams are wider ,and this is somehow better. This is very similar to the use car salesman telling you, that his car has safety glass windows and round tires.

It is an old use car ales trick , sell the sizzle, and not the steak, because all steak is just dead cow.
DSCN1130.jpg

cam

.050 on the intake side

.050? could this be degreed back enough to work in a .040 cut piston or would it put everything out of wack? if so maxspool 2.5+ will be swapped out soon.

anyone want a few thousand miles 2.5 cam?

yes , in reality , its will almost fit with out cutting , on a 116 lsa and in at 108 bt a .040 cut will work at 105 with a 114

cam

yes , in reality , its will almost fit with out cutting , on a 116 lsa and in at 108 bt a .040 cut will work at 105 with a 114

good deal as soon as i get this new turbo back on the dyno in a couple weeks i'll be putting the maxspool cam in the classifieds and that will give a nice comparision to the new magnum cam. back to back dyno results.

Back