suggestions for cheap twins upgrade?

kawi600

got Coal for Christmas
Ive got an industrial 62/12 single on this truck right now. Been considering sending it back into II for their wastegate mod and the rest of their tow twins package which I think is just a K31 and all the plumbing. Would probably be over $3k for all that unfortunately. Way more than I got these days.
Any way to do something on the cheap?

If you build you own piping and get a used S475ish turbo you could do it for less than a grand I bet. Can you fabricate your own stuff?

Get with crazy carl or blacks Diesel performance.
Budget minded kits for sure! Pile a 475 on from tmoney for 650, and you will have less than 2 grand in all new parts

Lol!
I wouldnt buy anything new if its avoidable. Too cheap right now. Plus its riding season and a lot of my spare cash is going into my dirtbikes.

I know crazy Carl has a decently priced kit. If you or someone you know can TIG weld, you could save more by welding it up yourself. IIRC, I had less than 1500 into my last setup by pieceing together parts from different vendors.

I just happen to have the piping and K31 laying around. I bought them believing it was a s472 and piping for a stock 35. Turns out its a K31 and the hot pipe is set up for a s300 and is meant to bolt right up to that 62 you have. I figured out later that it is the rest of their towing setup. Im bummed its not a simpler bolt in swap for me so Ive been thinking about unloading them, maybe step up to a single 62 instead for now. The K31 could probably use a rebuild since its been sitting around for awhile.

Ht60 for around 350 to 400. He351 for 300. Build the piping for about 200 or less. 7 to 900 unless you buy the turbos cheaper. I've bought 3b's for as little as a 100 dollars.

Ht60 for around 350 to 400. He351 for 300. Build the piping for about 200 or less. 7 to 900 unless you buy the turbos cheaper. I've bought 3b's for as little as a 100 dollars.

And the last part you left out is sell the 62 to recoup the cost of building the low budget twin setup!

Back