New Injectors

Countryboy07

I got my injectors installed on wednesday night and all I have to say is what a difference:woohoo: My girlfriend was following behind me, and when we stopped at a light I punched it and I couldn't see her for a little while until the turbo lit up. BTW, I am running the stock turbo with some custom 180cc injectors. Great set-up with plenty of power, I could use some more air now though, as I pegged my 1600* pyro on a 4x4 launch in a short distance.

-French

Whose injectors?

I had them modified at a machine shop not to far from me. I was told that they flow 180cc, but got to thinking after some discusions on other sites that it isn't possible with the stock nozzles. However, I am working on that. I have been in contact with Jim Rose from Rosewood Diesel about getting a set of his 6.0L nozzles. With the modifications that I have done to these injectors and some larger nozzles, I think I will see the 180cc that these injectors are capable of flowing. I am happy with the results thus far, I just need to get my tuning changed up a bit to smooth everything out. I will keep everybody posted as the testing goes on.

-French

If they flowed them at 180, you probably have 180cc with stock nozzles. The difference is duration. They may have had them firing longer to get the 180, but stock nozzles can flow that much. A lot of it depends on how they were modified.

If they flowed them at 180, you probably have 180cc with stock nozzles. The difference is duration. They may have had them firing longer to get the 180, but stock nozzles can flow that much. A lot of it depends on how they were modified.

I have posted this over on thedieselgarage, powerstroke.org, and powerstrokenation, and you are the only ones that seem to think that this is a possibility. I know that they aren't flowing 180cc because the stock charger cleans them up too well, but they do flow better than they did when I took the them to them. Thanks for the reply.

-French

There are a lot more to injectors that people realize. You can put big nozzles on a stock injector and the factory turbo won't clean them up. Does that mean they are not 135cc injectors? No, just means that the fuel droplets are large and since the fuel burns from the outside of the droplet to the inside, it takes longer to burn completely and it doesn’t.

The key with small nozzles, is duration. If they flowed them (that is really the big if) at 180cc's they could be 180cc injectors. It just may take them 4ms to produce 180cc and you are only able to get say 2.4ms of pulse width out of your program.

I'm not going to get into the injectors further, but 180cc is possible with factory nozzles.

There are a lot more to injectors that people realize. You can put big nozzles on a stock injector and the factory turbo won't clean them up. Does that mean they are not 135cc injectors? No, just means that the fuel droplets are large and since the fuel burns from the outside of the droplet to the inside, it takes longer to burn completely and it doesn’t.

The key with small nozzles, is duration. If they flowed them (that is really the big if) at 180cc's they could be 180cc injectors. It just may take them 4ms to produce 180cc and you are only able to get say 2.4ms of pulse width out of your program.

I'm not going to get into the injectors further, but 180cc is possible with factory nozzles.

well that help clears it up a bit :rockwoot:

Back