6.0 Technicooler boot issue

any word yet? I have blown another boot.... must be something about buying parts, if you buy a replacement for something else its murphy's law that something else will fukkuop the next day! I changed fuel filter and rear pads to drive to store and pop one of the boots on the intercooler, I'm sooo freakin ready to get the bob's parts on the truck so i can forget about this crap, will be doing the ccv reroute tmrw also! gonna try to make these last!lol

I sent Mr. Bob the boot that I recieved and I know he is working on it but it may take some time. Please be patient guys these boots are definitely worth the wait. I have them set up for my twin kit and I have only blown one off when the clamp was loose.

no I dont mean blown off, sorry it did sound like that. I mean it has blown apart, torn or ripped, like has a hole and I can't drive the truck until I get a replacement! Any one know where to buy some replacements for now until the bob's are done? I don't wanna give banks anymore money!

I'll try to be brief. Bought a used Technicooler w/o boots or tubes. Bought an old version tube from a member on another site. If I am reading correctly Banks sells a retrofit kit(new tube and boot, like ALVISPACE has pictured) for about 300 bucks, and no longer sell the 3.5 to 2.5 boot. I'm trying to keep cost down so that sucks. Is the boot set you are having Mr. Bob make for the turbo end of the old 3.5 in to 3.5 out tube. If so how long till this is complete? I have time since I am still hunting for a driver boost tube and elbow. Thanks

Last edited:
Looks like it might work, for 20 bones I'd be willing to give it a try, but since I do not have a complete kit I don't know for sure. I am sure some of these other members will be able to tell if they will fit or not.

That 45 looks like just what I needed before I dropped $400 on that banks retro fit kit, I would definately give it a try for $20!

gonna order a straight coupler right now from that website to "retro fit" my banks retro fit........... sure seems like this getting stupid:(

check here sorry i am new to computers

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/index.php?cPath=14&osCsid=63b91bd0886d231929fa660ed6e20d69

my brother puts 60 psi through a 2 to 2.5
its thick quality stuff

My buddy ordered one of these, it worked for the time he had it on. About 2 months. He is one of those guys that has to have everything "just so" whether or not its the best thing.
He ordered the retro fit kit. It actually fits very well, it looks like they have fixed their "fix". When he called to order, he complained that it was their design mess and should send one to everyone who bought the original kit. They kinda laughed but after a little back and fourth, they offered the kit to him for half price and half price shipping.
So if you want the retrofit kit, make sure you bargain with them.

Travis

got that 2.5" straight coupler today and installed. truck has a couple hrs on it. so far so good! looks like same piece banks included in their retrofit kit minus the name on it, 4 layers of reinforcement just like banks coupler. we will see hoping it last because I refuse to give banks another dollar! sent em a email saturday and still haven't got a response back! I bet if I told them I wanted to buy some of their bs tuners they would have called me right back! lol wish I would have found that site before I dropped $400 on a retrofit:(

Got a drivers 3.5" boost tube from Banks, CFM Largemouth, and a full set of siliconeintakes.com boots (to include 45deg 2.5" to 3.5") in the mail today. Can't switch intercoolers till Thurs/Fri, will update on fit. The boots seem to be much thicker than stock.

I just ordered that 20 dollar 3.5 to 2.5 boot from that website. I have theearly versions and just blew the original boot. No way in hell am I spending 300 dollars for a pipe and 2 boots that was banks design problem. has anyone succesfully got the 20 dollar boot to work before.

This thread just saved me 280 dollars. if the boot dont work I will let everyone knwo when I receive it.

heres a picture of my broken boot. Figure someone else might have broken the same way. I had the stupid picture so I am posting it

brokenBoot.jpg

Back