4-Link and Air Ride

looks really good tate, should of let me know you were doing this, could of cut them out with a plasma talbe would have saved tou a bunch of time and zip cut blades

Last edited:
Awesome thread/detailed pictures/ and welding. Wish I had your skill set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you say you had files on the brackets and tabs? Or all manual?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Why didn't you just go with Carli airbags? With only airbags the ride will probably be like stock or worse.

Did you say you had files on the brackets and tabs? Or all manual?

I drew the link brackets up on graph paper. Ones like the panhard brackets were done on a piece of cardboard and then finalized it when I actually laid it out on the steel. The front was mostly just laid out on the steel before I cut it.

Why didn't you just go with Carli airbags? With only airbags the ride will probably be like stock or worse.

The front rides similar to the Carli setup. I'm betting its mainly due to the shocks, as the spring rate is much lower than factory. Its around 250 lbs/in. The rear is hundred times smoother than it was before, as it has a much softer spring rate as well. I don't know the spring rates on it, but its close to the same as the front at the given pressures, so it would be around 120 lbs/in. unloaded.

Any links on the carli air springs?

EDIT: Never mind, Google just found them for me. That's still just an overload system on leaf springs. While it would've cured my initial complaints of no load capacity, there is still no adjustability with it. After having my ramps shoot out on my rzr and caving in my tailgate, being able to have it drop down 9" makes it loading much easier without worrying about the ramps as much.

Last edited:
I drew the link brackets up on graph paper. Ones like the panhard brackets were done on a piece of cardboard and then finalized it when I actually laid it out on the steel. The front was mostly just laid out on the steel before I cut it.

The front rides similar to the Carli setup. I'm betting its mainly due to the shocks, as the spring rate is much lower than factory. Its around 250 lbs/in. The rear is hundred times smoother than it was before, as it has a much softer spring rate as well. I don't know the spring rates on it, but its close to the same as the front at the given pressures, so it would be around 120 lbs/in. unloaded.

Any links on the carli air springs?

EDIT: Never mind, Google just found them for me. That's still just an overload system on leaf springs. While it would've cured my initial complaints of no load capacity, there is still no adjustability with it. After having my ramps shoot out on my rzr and caving in my tailgate, being able to have it drop down 9" makes it loading much easier without worrying about the ramps as much.
Bummer. I would have pimped your 'wares

Airride

Great work. Good job on the brackets, making those by hand is a bunch of work and time consuming. The plasma table has been a priceless tool for that kind of work.

Keep us updated with how it performs for you.

Something I forgot to mention, I used an Accu-Air E-level air management system. For the most part, its a well put together kit. As it should be. It was about 60% of the budget on this thing.

Why not just use a standard leveling valve like every other air ride suspension on the road?

Why not just use a standard leveling valve like every other air ride suspension on the road?

Tate is working 12's currently. I am sure he will elaborate on a day off, but in short, just like the whole build: "overkill / because he could".

Tate is working 12's currently. I am sure he will elaborate on a day off, but in short, just like the whole build: "overkill / because he could".

Well IMO that's the beautiful thing about air ride, you don't have to ever mess with it. Rides the exact same height loaded or empty. Just been my experience anything electronic used under a truck is a headache. Not taking away from this build at all, looks great just curious.

This is def the way to go, had this on my dodge before I took my kelderman air ride off. It's awesome to just hop in the truck hit a bottom and the truck sets itself to the preset ride height automatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I'm not seeing how this is different from one of these. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457445608.395900.jpg

I guess I'm not seeing how this is different from one of these. View attachment 62138

Because it isn't made for a pickup truck so they can't put the necessary 1000% markup on it LOL

The electronic ride height deal is a cool gadget but the standard leveling valve off of a semi is pretty darn foolproof. Put in a pressure gauge and you can calculate weight over the rear axle too.

Back