08 Dodge land speed effort.

The last CR engine we pulled only had 800 miles on it since it had been built by previous shop, it had Shot peened polished and balance rods from Haisleys and 3 of the rods were bent and that was all done with a Smarty, single stage 3 pump, S466/87/.9 t4 turbo and flux 4s. Here's what the rods look like.
20120904_163123-2.jpg

This is a 6.7 which is a torque monster and with his turbo setup having capabilities of 100psi I don't see the rods loving life at all unless he's planning on making all his power above 4000rpm. It could stay together but Im guessing the rods will have some distortion if it makes 1000HP.

And I'm by no means discrediting the OP and his build, just sharing my experience/opinion. I understand a budget.

Uh, I hope those aren't THE rods that came out. There is nothing polished about them...

What was the timing on that sucker? I've made 1,855 lb-ft to the wheels on my 89, and so far so good. That's not to say all my rods don't look like that either though. :poke:

I still think a lot of the common-rail failures come from nobody knowing where their timing is at.

There is a difference between a 5.9 and a 6,7 anyway's nice build be cool to see now you would be going after the Ford's record right?

emkay
I used mcgaughys(spell?) 1/2 ton 2 inch dropped spindles,the top ball joint is the same but the 3/4 ton bottom ball joint is bigger,I reamed out the bottom ball joint taper to the bigger size,then used the half ton hubs and brakes,I also cut one full coil off the springs,in the back I just did a spring under axle(axle flip)
Heres a link to some pics
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=103797

Speaksup:
Yes the record is currently held by the Ford

That's what I figured there is so many classes so I wasn't for sure. Well would like to see you get it done. What's next strip it and a cage? Not to sure on the rules for those salt flats .

For tuning I'm running the H&S Mini Maxx along with the Maxx Calibration control. I'll see how this goes.Cody at II recomended I start with their aggressive turbo tune to get going.
While I'm breaking in the new motor the tuner is set on no power,I've just driven the truck a few miles around the doors so far.
I did the hot retorque on the head this afternoon,I need to get another 200 miles on it and do a cold retorque this weekend and another next week.Aswell as finish off all the loose ends before heading to Bonneville in 11 days.
Here's the truck back on its feet today just before I took it out for its first drive.
photobucket-25280-1348108668001_zpsf9f47913.jpg

I need to make a drive up to Basalt.

Looks good man. Good luck on the "dry thinking" and the trip out to the salt.

Swing by,visitors are always welcome.The beer fridge is always stocked! Although I'll be on the salt from the 1st to the 7th of October.

I need to make a drive up to Basalt.

Looks good man. Good luck on the "dry thinking" and the trip out to the salt.

Speaksup: I'll have to ask 'outlaw99' if he's done anything with the H&S MCC stuff.

Update:the souped up motor had oiling problems,so we put the stocker back in still using the mini max ,straight pipe,cold air intake.On the salt flats today we managed to get it up to 163.9 mph, 3 miles under power and the fuel rail is emptying out and throwing a low fuel rail pressure code.I didnt bring the dual cp3 kit with me from the souped up engine,does anybody know the guys in charge at industrial injection in salt lake,I could maybe convince them to sell me another dual cp3 kit tonight,I can then fit the second cp3 pump in the morning
we are 6mph away from the record, if anybody has any ideas call or text me on 97O 3I9 I292.
Cheers
Tim

I wish i could help! Freaking sweet! I bet they would come out..
Pm the thread starters in the ii vendor section

Back