Jeff Garmon Retired - Garmons Diesel a thing of the Past

Big Swole

MegaInterceptor
I'm sure some have heard by now, but Jeff Garmon has finally hung it up and retired. I just wanted to say a personal "Thank You" to him for his amazing Friendship and Help all these years. I love you like a brother Jeff!! :Cheer:

He's already sold All his tranny & convertor building equipment to another "Builder" out West and plans to fly out to do some training for them (even though they've been in business for a good long while. They want what can't be "bought" which is all those years of knowledge in his head. I wish them the best in carrying on his legacy by using his old equipment, tooling, machines, and knowledge learned from him.

There have been some really awesome times, memories, and friends made for me after becoming a customer and friend of Jeff's. I'm forever grateful to him and wish him the best in his new endeavors. Of course he's just down the road a piece (about an hour), so I fully plan to see him as often as I can.

For those I've met here because of Diesels and Jeff's help building / repairing them, I just want to say THANK YOU also for your in person and / or online friendships!!! I truly miss the Good Ole Days!!!

As for me, I still have a Diesel pickup, just not a major modded one. 2016 RAM Mega Cab 4x4 with an un-name "tune" on it. Ordered it new.

Here's a pic of my current stable of rides:
I look forward to doing some "drives" with Jeff in his P100D with Ludicrous Plus mode!!! That thing is Sick off the line. Gives my Turbo S a run for it's money for sure!!

Last edited:
I'm sure some have heard by now, but Jeff Garmon has finally hung it up and retired. I just wanted to say a personal "Thank You" to him for his amazing Friendship and Help all these years. I love you like a brother Jeff!! :Cheer:

He's already sold All his tranny & convertor building equipment to another "Builder" out West and plans to fly out to do some training for them (even though they've been in business for a good long while. They want what can't be "bought" which is all those years of knowledge in his head. I wish them the best in carrying on his legacy by using his old equipment, tooling, machines, and knowledge learned from him.

There have been some really awesome times, memories, and friends made for me after becoming a customer and friend of Jeff's. I'm forever grateful to him and wish him the best in his new endeavors. Of course he's just down the road a piece (about an hour), so I fully plan to see him as often as I can.

For those I've met here because of Diesels and Jeff's help building / repairing them, I just want to say THANK YOU also for your in person and / or online friendships!!! I truly miss the Good Ole Days!!!

As for me, I still have a Diesel pickup, just not a major modded one. 2016 RAM Mega Cab 4x4 with an un-name "tune" on it. Ordered it new.

Here's a pic of my current stable of rides:
I look forward to doing some "drives" with Jeff in his P100D with Ludicrous Plus mode!!! That thing is Sick off the line. Gives my Turbo S a run for it's money for sure!!

Just curious to the "builder" reference and why not just say Randy's Transmission?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJHly1aLIms/?igshid=1mfgz2rji9h0j

Last edited:
Wasn't my place to.

My thread / msg. was more about my Thank you Jeff and congrats to him on being able to Retire.

Understood. It's cool to see the actual talent of the industry at least passing it along to the folks that seem to be mainstreaming "their work".

That sucks, glad he made it to retirement though. i loved his black reg cab 1500 he did with the 12v in it. He is a real nice guy, only talked to him a hand full of times about a 24v I was building but was extremely helpful and answered all my newbie questions back in the day. I am happy to hear that someone like randy will be using his equipment. It will be building transmissions for years to come lol.

Love the Magnum P.I. memories! LOL Don’t be offended if I’m not a big fan of seeing the ghettocruiser next to it.

Jeff was truly a pioneer in the industry. Wishing him well in his retirement.

David, is that a Turbo S?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Love the Magnum P.I. memories! LOL Don’t be offended if I’m not a big fan of seeing the ghettocruiser next to it.

LOL

Totally understand.

I bought the engine out of his 2wd drag truck back in like 2012, I'm still running it.

That's awesome

Jeff was truly a pioneer in the industry. Wishing him well in his retirement.

David, is that a Turbo S?

Yes Sir it is. 2017 TTS. Just updated the tune on it today in fact (close to 600whp). Have a race gas tune also to try (should be 620-630 whp min.)

Another diesel icon moves on ...Thanks for the memories Mr Garmon.

Yeah, it's sad..But happy for him

Prayers for he and Amy BTW.

They both have Covid right now and she's very high risk.

I think Jeff's doing a bit better but was very bad for a while.

Back