ford 7610 shifting problems

destroked

diesel enthusiast
My Grandpa bought a 2000 model 2wd 7610 with 300 hours on it a few years ago. When ever we use that tractor it grinds into every gear. Is this typical for ford tractors, or is there something wrong?

My Grandpa bought a 2000 model 2wd 7610 with 300 hours on it a few years ago. When ever we use that tractor it grinds into every gear. Is this typical for ford tractors, or is there something wrong?

Yeah, they are not syncronized that's for sure. Mine is around the exact tractor. I absolutely love it, but year on the go shifting is suspect. It's by far the most powerful tractor for it's size I've seen.

I was wondering if you are even able to change gears on the move? because i know that i have to come to a complete stop to get to a higher gear. I also have an old super m farmall. Those transmissions back then weren't sycronized but even them can grab gears going down the road.

Try adjusting the clutch, we have several fords to say the least. They do grind a lil bit, but more than a half second before going into gear is too much.

Back