broke my 47rh output today...

12vCumminsFTW

Well, it held quite a few 30-35 psi 4x4 launches, then got greedy and tried a 40 psi launch. :badidea: The tires did a couple quick hops then it hooked up and BOOM! Not sure if I should put in another stocker or get a billet? Kinda leaning towards billet so who makes the best billet output?

Lucky! Dont even have to drop the Trans! Go billet. Only 600 or so bucks to get it all back together the first and only time. Especially if you want to try another 40 psi launch.

Our fat TCS output has gone repeated 1.4x 60's at 6700-6900lbs, I just pulled the transmission and T-case the other day, still looks like new.

We had one launch go very bad last season where we skipped the rear tires 4" off the ground, the driver kept in it, and shock loaded the h3ll out of the drive train, but you would never know looking at the output shaft.

I'm wondering if my transfer case input shaft is part of the reason it snapped? Check out this thread.241 rh/re difference - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum My transfer case is from a RE so it has a lot less spline engagement on the trans output. Not sure if this is an issue? Heres where it broke.
IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

Back