LED lightbar recommendations

WUnderwood

Looking for any advice regarding a LED lightbar, more specifically 20".

Rigid is way too high, I was thinking about something quality, made in the USA, and around a few hundred bucks. Will be used off road only.

Thanks.

Had good luck with the Cree light bars. Made in China though, but for the price, kicks the crap out of Rigid Industries. Seems like a pretty well made unit.

Check these guys out. http://www.plashlights.com/index.htm
Local company and make a damn good product.

I have a 30" light bar from them I won in a raffle. Have yet to use it on a vehicle, just clamped it to a battery. You talk about light!

Let me know if you want to check it out before purchasing one. It's still in the box around here somewhere.

Fwiw I'd spend the money on a rigid. I have the Plashlight 20" in my bumper, another truck has a rigid and it blows mine out of the water. It also isn't a direct fit into the rigid mount, about 2" longer so we had to do some creative bending.

Is the quality of a Rigid just THAT much better than a Cree or other brands? Can it withstand rock chips if I put it in the front bumper?

It's just cheap. I don't question the durability of the cheap bars, but there is a definite difference in the optics. Rigid has solid looking lenses, china bars have cheap squares thrown onto a led board.

What about Hyperion or LuxuriousLED or Off Road Assult or CJC OffRoad bars?

Ive heard nothing but good about those, and Ive seen people that have bought both Rigid and the other brands and say they will never buy another Rigid again.

I only have experience with the Plashlight resold bars. The 50" I have is damn bright, but the rigid is better. Is it $1000 better, maybe not, but it is better.

Check out PRD lighting. They're very affordable, plenty tough, and exclusively use Cree LEDs.

Sent from my iPad

I know a couple guys with ebays ones on there four wheelers which see some serious abuse, no problems at all and they have been completely underwater, pushed through brush and out in below freezing temps plowing sidewalks for hours at a time. I cant see how rigid ones are that much better that they are worth the price difference.

I have a Cree 30" light bar behind my grill. It works great and is very bright. I also have 55W HID's all around so the front of my truck is very bright.

Google redneck lights.. The guy sells through hardlinecrawlers.com

Have a set of his rock lights and a 20inch bar on the front of my truggy and they are bright as hell

/i\

Back