DDP4s and timing...

Currently runing my DDP4s at 25* and have been for a while. Truck seems to run good like that. DDP says theyre only good till 19* and then they start to get out of the bowl. I know several people have ran them above 19* and Dan Barnes (zstroken) said he ran his above 30*. Just wondering if I would benefit much from going to a different set of sticks that are designed to accomodate higher timing.

What say ye?

I would say so...

i dont know much at all compared to most of you guys, (this is a hobby of mine as well as ridin, ropin, weights, ranchin cattle workin, handloadin, runnin and now imports) but if you get a set of sticks that is better suited for higher timing, they will be efficient, smoke a little less, and the result will be more fuel in the range that they are designed for, which will yield you better power and a more efficient overall truck...

Orr you can try and run washers with ur DDPs, perhaps that will work...

Teddy, u ever had that thing on a dyno yet?

Rick

I'm no under valver, but wouldn't washers shim out the injectors and make the spray pattern even wider since the injector will be farther from the piston when it pops?

Who makes a tighter spray angle injector? Do you have to go down to a four hole injector? I know the marines have an even wider spray angle.

I've got some dragon flows I'll work you a deal on... they'll take mid 20's no problem and are good for ~40hp more than the 4's

I don't have enough air for the DF's so they're not doing me any good over a set of 4's

Teddy, u ever had that thing on a dyno yet?

Rick

Nope. Never got a chance to but i'd like to see what it will make. Air is definitely the limiting factor right now. Just installed a Super Dog 250gph fuel system and a 500cc pump from Scheid. Ive got the plate about 3/4 forward and its more than my hx55 wants. My K31 is at Industrial right now being upgraded with their new wastegated exhaust housing. With the new turbo on hopefully it might make 600??

FWIW,

I am running DDP4's right now. I just changed my head gasket two weeks ago. With the -39 marine gasket and .020 injector washers I was in the bowl at 19.5 degrees, close, but still in.

Dave

Back