Our collection

Chris..nice colection of AC, do you or your pa know any of the Jansen bros, from over here in central ILL, they run a resto shop and own a few machines like the 6-12, and lots of very very rare and unique stuff.

they own one of the three 110hp Case Steam traction motors in the U.S.

Darwin

Last edited:
Chris..nice colection of AC, do you or your pa know any of the Jansen bros, from over here in central ILL, they run a resto shop and own a few machines like the 6-12, and lots of very very rare and unique stuff.

Darwin

Only Jansens's I know is a dealer out that direction....Dad may know more. I go to shows and people talk to me like I should know them because of Dad....it's not hard to tell I'm his son:lolly:

I'll get some more pictures tomorrow of the 6-12, and get some more of everything else.

Thanks all for the comments....if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Chris

That is cool stuff Chris! I love old tractors and farm equipment. My dad had the first rubber tired tractor in the Peace Country (where I am from) his cousins wife bought it and donated it to the local museum. My Grandpa had a steam tractor in the very early 1900's with a partner and ran it in southern Saskatchewan till about 1915 ish.

Chris, Those are some great photos! Thanks for posting them. Where is that cotton picker at? Did the little D17 picker tractor have a picker on it when you all got it? I like the little tug. Whats the story on the 7000 why did it get bought but not get used? The silage cutter hooked to the D21 is kind of a funny looking one with the sheet metal like it is at the top of the snouts. Thanks again for posting.

Chris

Where in Michigan are you picking up the Gleaner from?

Nice collection of tractors you have there. Congrats!

Darwin

Darwin

Those Jansens happen to be my relation. If you ever want a private tour of some of their collection just get in touch with me. At P-ville I can introduce you to them if you would like. Bill owns the 110, as well as a few other steam engines. I know they typically make a few trips worth of tractors down to P-ville every year, not to mention the convoy we have every year going down on Wednesday morning. I have not even seen 1/3 of their collection, and am in awe every time I see something they have done.

Chris

Can not wait to see this collection in person. I have been instructed by my family to take pictures of everything, FYI. I will post them all to here once I get them taken and uploaded.

I will shoot video and pictures at P-ville this year for everyone to enjoy, keep an eye out at the end of August for a new thread.

Travis

That's some pretty cool tractors. What one's you want loaded for scrap first haha jk

We have a few, but We'll load them ourself;)

That is cool stuff Chris! I love old tractors and farm equipment. My dad had the first rubber tired tractor in the Peace Country (where I am from) his cousins wife bought it and donated it to the local museum. My Grandpa had a steam tractor in the very early 1900's with a partner and ran it in southern Saskatchewan till about 1915 ish.

Now that is cool! Thanks for sharing Kev!

Chris, Those are some great photos! Thanks for posting them. Where is that cotton picker at? Did the little D17 picker tractor have a picker on it when you all got it? I like the little tug. Whats the story on the 7000 why did it get bought but not get used? The silage cutter hooked to the D21 is kind of a funny looking one with the sheet metal like it is at the top of the snouts. Thanks again for posting.

Chris

The cotton picker is down at another farm, I'll get it tonight if it's not raining. No, the picker tractor was just a tractor, we're still looking for a picker. We don't have much story on the 7000. We bought it at a sale, and the auctioneer said an older farmer bought it new, and was retiring. She runs like a champ!

Where in Michigan are you picking up the Gleaner from?

Nice collection of tractors you have there. Congrats!

Way up in the U.P. about 100 miles west of the bridge. Can't remember the town.

Darwin

Those Jansens happen to be my relation. If you ever want a private tour of some of their collection just get in touch with me. At P-ville I can introduce you to them if you would like. Bill owns the 110, as well as a few other steam engines. I know they typically make a few trips worth of tractors down to P-ville every year, not to mention the convoy we have every year going down on Wednesday morning. I have not even seen 1/3 of their collection, and am in awe every time I see something they have done.

Chris

Can not wait to see this collection in person. I have been instructed by my family to take pictures of everything, FYI. I will post them all to here once I get them taken and uploaded.

I will shoot video and pictures at P-ville this year for everyone to enjoy, keep an eye out at the end of August for a new thread.

Travis

:hehe: Hopefully the lighting will be good enough to get some pictures for you. Some of our barns can get a little dark.

Thanks again all for the comments. If it keeps raining, it might take longer to get some pictures....but we need the rain bad enough you can deal with it:lolly:

Chris

I'll bring a camera with a good flash and plenty of batteries then, along with a good flashlight so I can see them myself.

Nice collection, even if they are funny colored and all. :stab:

We sold some of ours a few years ago, lack of time to take care of them. We had most of them at the show last summer, but that's about the only place most of them have been for about 10 years. We try to get some out and actually use them on occasion.

we are going to get it this weekend up in Michigan!

Sooo.. you gonna drop the 5.9 off and pick up the 6.6 on the way through?:D

Nice collection, even if they are funny colored and all. :stab:

We sold some of ours a few years ago, lack of time to take care of them. We had most of them at the show last summer, but that's about the only place most of them have been for about 10 years. We try to get some out and actually use them on occasion.

Sooo.. you gonna drop the 5.9 off and pick up the 6.6 on the way through?:D

Don't worry Brad, I'll take some pictures of your color ASAP....we have quite a few now. The one's I have are just what's out of the barn.

And we're not heading that direction to Michigan....going up 23...but I haven't forgot...still thinking.

Chris

And in case you didn't catch it in the other thread, here is (part) our 1919 Aultman & Taylor 30-60. We own it together with another friend that actually found the tractor in the mid '80's, and at the time he couldn't swing the purchase on his own....so he called Dad and asked if he would like to be a partner with him.

Dan was killed suddenly last year in a grain truck rollover, but his son Shawn keep the tractor in running shape, and we haul it to whatever shows he would like to take it to. It's been an awesome deal for both families for a long time now....I remember driving this beast at 6 or 8 years old.

20bcd400.jpg
Pictures don't do that one justice. It's HUGE!!

Very nice. I love this old stuff..... I just know that I can't maintain a collection of that size - hell I couldn't properly handle the 30 tractors I had - that was why there was an auction last fall.... lol

Signature600;1840138 Way up in the U.P. about 100 miles west of the bridge. Can't remember the town. Chris[/QUOTE said:
Funny that you go to the UP to get it. Of course there isn't much row croppin up there probably explains the low hours.

The cotton picker is down at another farm, I'll get it tonight if it's not raining. No, the picker tractor was just a tractor, we're still looking for a picker. We don't have much story on the 7000. We bought it at a sale, and the auctioneer said an older farmer bought it new, and was retiring. She runs like a champ!

OK, I don't know of anything but if you let me know a model number I'll keep an eye out for a pick for that tractor down here. That is a very nice collection.

Chris

Pictures don't do that one justice. It's HUGE!!

For reference the back wheels are 90" tall, and it weighs 26,000 lbs

Very nice. I love this old stuff..... I just know that I can't maintain a collection of that size - hell I couldn't properly handle the 30 tractors I had - that was why there was an auction last fall.... lol

We can't "maintain" much of it either, but we try to get them all out once a year and get running what we can, and at least turn them over if they aren't stuck. At least pump a little oil around everything!

Funny that you go to the UP to get it. Of course there isn't much row croppin up there probably explains the low hours.

Rumor is that the original owner harvested 10 acres of oats a year, and the second owner harvested 15 acres of oats a year. We already have 8 acres of speltz to cut with it for a friend of ours.

And it gives us a reason to go hang out a day at my uncle's place on the Manistique Lakes for a day.

OK, I don't know of anything but if you let me know a model number I'll keep an eye out for a pick for that tractor down here. That is a very nice collection.

Chris

I think they were model 716's or 720's, but I'll have to check on that. The one we have is a newer model 860.

Nice old iron...

Thanks again all. It was raining last night, but the sun is shining today. I'll get more pics.
Chris

Back