Making particle board go bling-bling

TooMuchBoost

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I though I'd share a fun moment at our warehouse with you.

Some of the guys at work wanted to make a workbench out of some scrap wood we had laying around so I told them to go ahead and do it. Then they complained that the junky factory yellow primed particle board was a pain to clean and asked if I could clear it for easier clean up. I started to go on a 3 mile journey to Home Ripoff for a paint brush when I figure it was worth the gas. I taped the edges with duct tape, made a squeegee out of 2 wooden paint sticks and poured on our new 4:1:1 clear.

What you see is what you get after it dried though if you look close enough you can see it gassed a little because it was poured on in single coat over and un-sealed surface. The proper way would have been to first apply/brush/spray a 'normal' coat, walk away for 30 min allowing it to seal off the wood then pour the clear. Then again I'm not running This Old House either.

Picture.jpg

Eat your heart out Villa!:evil LOL

Funny you say that because Lee, the guy in the pic, said the same thing. We have steel counterweights that go on a weight-based filling/pouring machine that resemble the shuffle board pucks only difference is about 10x's the weight.

We a testing some anti-graffiti additives right now in our clear that happens make the clear feel as slick as if you buffed and waxed it 50 times over right out of the gun after it dries. We felt if we had coated the table with it instead we could have used those as shuffleboard pucks!

I'm very curious if these new anti-graffiti / anti-scratch additives will reduce drag particularly on a boat going across the water. Its so slick I don't see how it can't reduce drag. The next day after spraying the panel and allowing it to air dry you can take a big screwdriver and strike the coating hard at an angle with the handle portion and what little scuff it leaves rubs off with your finger!

Nanotechnology is cool....

Funny you say that because Lee, the guy in the pic, said the same thing. We have steel counterweights that go on a weight-based filling/pouring machine that resemble the shuffle board pucks only difference is about 10x's the weight.

We a testing some anti-graffiti additives right now in our clear that happens make the clear feel as slick as if you buffed and waxed it 50 times over right out of the gun after it dries. We felt if we had coated the table with it instead we could have used those as shuffleboard pucks!

I'm very curious if these new anti-graffiti / anti-scratch additives will reduce drag particularly on a boat going across the water. Its so slick I don't see how it can't reduce drag. The next day after spraying the panel and allowing it to air dry you can take a big screwdriver and strike the coating hard at an angle with the handle portion and what little scuff it leaves rubs off with your finger!

Nanotechnology is cool....

Now that is cool! I believe when it's time to have the dodge repainted I'll be coming to see you for sure.

Ironically, I had a weird dream last night where my dad replaced the floorboards in the s-10 with MDF and then painted them chrome.............

holly cow man what did that cost to clear thet borad,,,, poured about a gal of product ,,, i know the clear we use in your shop here is petty $$$$$ plus the hardner and reducer .... we did some wooden pieces on a boat took a about 5-6 times clear because it would sook it up but came out like glass ..... looks good for osb board :Cheer:

Back