Paint brand suggestions....

Bosshawg600

PDP.com FireFighter
Well, I think I might be getting a bit over my head, but I thought about this for a while and i realy want to paint my truck. Its getting scratched up a bit and I just want to snazz it up a bit. My thing with my truck is i want it to be different, I hate driving around and seeing trucks like mine, so here is my idea:

I want to paint the entire body Falt or matte white and make all the accesories flat black i.e. black wheels, step bars to complement my black tint and gril inserts. And I will probably coat the bottom 1/6th of the truck in white ryno lineing to help it out a bit.

ya I have no idea how its going to turn out or if it will even look good when Im done. But i want to make sure I get the right brand and style of paint. What should i use? and does anyone have a picture of any vehicle painted flat or matte white? Any ideas on how to make it look good?

Glassurit, Diemont, House of Kolor (thats how its spelled). Flat white is going to look like faded white (dead). It would be easier to run over the whole truck with a scotch brite pad and dull it that way.

To really make it stand out paint it a white pearl. I done right the truck will have a golden (or any other color)shine over the white.

Dont rino line the rockers, Ill try to check on what we use at work. Unlike bedliner material this stuff is semi flexible and repels rock chips. And you can paint right over it.

You follow me every were! J/K bud.....

I have heard a lot of guys not likeing the idea because of keeping it clean and what not. But I truely think if done right, it would look shap. Im just having a hard tim getting a good picture in my head.

This is what I want to acheive, but with flat black rims.....

flatwhitepaint.jpg

I like the new post button.:hehe:

Keeping it clean will be easy. I just dont see putting the effort into painting a whole truck flat white. Flat black I could. White is allways going to be bright, flat white paint will still be bright. Dull but bright, if that makes any sense.

But its your truck, do as you please. Base coat with a flatener in the clear.

That looks like an Audi (4 rings of DEATH), why must you reminde me of work when Im at home?:bang

Back