Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Site Announcements
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 06:47 AM   #1
TMONEYDIESEL

Name: TMONEYDIESEL
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
competition diesel family

So if you look at most automotive forums web sites its usually strictly buisness and about performance, Ive only been a member here for a short while and have noticed the amazing change from talking about trucks and parts to talking about everyone and what happens in our lives, it seems almost like a crazed family, we all have the people on here who dont like us or we dont like them but when it comes down to it we would help them out if we could or needed too. But it is just amazing to me on how homely this site is and how everyone feels so comfortable to talk to eachother about issues or problems. Whether it be your pump needs tuning or your 6.0 broke again or someone has passed away and your upset or you just really need to vent about something it can be done on this website that everyone calls home. I compliment all the members here and admins for doing such a great job with this forum it has brought many people together from different backgrounds. Just wanted to see how everyone felt and your thoughts about this site.

YOUR SOURCE FOR:
Camshafts
Pushrods
Valve springs
Custom Turbos
Exhaust Manifolds
Carrillo Connecting rods

Old 08-28-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
carfichris

Name: carfichris
Title: CNC'ing my life away
Member`s Gallery
We may not be as big as that site that rhymes with "weasel face" but we are way cooler.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
FloridaStroker

Name: FloridaStroker
Title: Searching for a SCT!!!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMONEYDIESEL View Post
it seems almost like a crazed family
Boy did you nail that one on the head. Yes, this site does have a very homely feel to it and I think that is one of the reason why everyone likes this site. I've notice as well that we don't get alot of the trolls and duma$$'s like some sites get. People here are really good at weeded them out and making them go away.
Diesels go fast?
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:57 AM   #4
wideopen

Name: wideopen
Title: Slum Lord
Member`s Gallery
You guys have no Idea how much you kind words mean to Tim and I.

When we set out to build this place we wanted a site to be just like the Pits at the Drag strip or pulling track, where everyone jumped in to help each other out, no matter what the circumstance. Thank you for helping Tim and I achieve that goal.

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 08-28-2008, 08:12 AM   #5
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
Well put Phil.

As much as I would like to pat the staff on the back, we really dont have as much to do with things as some think. Our members are what makes this site. Whether it is Ponder stirring up a ruckus over football or Fletcher telling us about the life cycle of a geoduck, we have a great mix of folks and backgrounds here. We have complete novices all the way up to drag and sled champs here. Our members make Comp D what it is.

Thanks gang.... Yall Rock!
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."

Old 08-28-2008, 08:26 AM   #6
Hoss

Name: Hoss
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
So if you look at most automotive forums web sites its usually strictly buisness and about performance, Ive only been a member here for a short while and have noticed the amazing change from talking about trucks and parts to talking about everyone and what happens in our lives, it seems almost like a crazed family, we all have the people on here who dont like us or we dont like them but when it comes down to it we would help them out if we could or needed too. But it is just amazing to me on how homely this site is and how everyone feels so comfortable to talk to eachother about issues or problems. Whether it be your pump needs tuning or your 6.0 broke again or someone has passed away and your upset or you just really need to vent about something it can be done on this website that everyone calls home. I compliment all the members here and admins for doing such a great job with this forum it has brought many people together from different backgrounds. Just wanted to see how everyone felt and your thoughts about this site.

Ok Junior who's are you kissing???????????

2003 Jetta TDI 5 speed commuter getting about 47mpg

Old 08-28-2008, 08:39 AM   #7
triton

Name: triton
Title: Scarlet Fever
Member`s Gallery
^^^^^

everything said is definitely the truth. It really helps that Tim and Phil are so laid back and dedicated to what they do.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:42 AM   #8
Snedge

Name: Snedge
Member`s Gallery
I like it. Except for the snake threads it's perfect.

Thanks Tim and Phil

Last edited by Snedge; 08-28-2008 at 08:53 AM. Reason: forgot to thank the bosses

Old 08-28-2008, 08:51 AM   #9
Abrannan19

Name: Abrannan19
Title: NOBAMA 09-12
Member`s Gallery
it is a great site..I love it here..and like you said..we may all have lovers quarrels but 9 times out of 10 each person would do whatever is possible to help anyone out.

Timmy and Phil..yall do and do a great job with the site.Thanks for all that you do!

visit us @ www.firstcoastdieselperformance.com
Email: Abrannan19@aol.com
Phone: (904)-813-5067

Old 08-28-2008, 09:16 AM   #10
Dalpilot

Name: Dalpilot
Title: Joe Nobody!
Member`s Gallery
Wow, I am all warm and fuzzy inside. The difference I think is that its a neighborhood. We have that loud guy that everyone puts up with. The guy thats kind of quiet and just comes out every now and then, the guy who will do anything for anyone. The slutty girl that lives around the corner. The weird guy up on the hill, the king and queen of the neighborhood. The guy thats got the car up on blocks, (probably a bunch of them. ), the harley looking guy, and then all the normal folks. We pretty much all get along, but we have one hell of a neighborhood watch.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:25 AM   #11
Snedge

Name: Snedge
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalpilot View Post
Wow, I am all warm and fuzzy inside. The difference I think is that its a neighborhood. We have that loud guy that everyone puts up with. The guy thats kind of quiet and just comes out every now and then, the guy who will do anything for anyone. The slutty girl that lives around the corner. The weird guy up on the hill, the king and queen of the neighborhood. The guy thats got the car up on blocks, (probably a bunch of them. ), the harley looking guy, and then all the normal folks. We pretty much all get along, but we have one hell of a neighborhood watch.

Normal folks? Where?

Old 08-28-2008, 09:38 AM   #12
Dalpilot

Name: Dalpilot
Title: Joe Nobody!
Member`s Gallery
I'm trying to be nice, I am sure we have atleast one.......don't we?

Old 08-28-2008, 10:00 AM   #13
Billysgoat

Name: Billysgoat
Title: The ANTI-BLING!
Member`s Gallery
Uhhhhhhhh.........

......hold on, I'm still searching...............

FOUND ONE!

Goes by jponder

Thanks for the kind words guys, it really does mean a lot to us

03 Dog, named Clifford, to heavy to be fast.
11 335D, the grin machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
I was there & I herd Heath say.........."LET GO OF MY EARS, I KNOW WHAT I`M DOING"

BTB,BBB

Old 08-28-2008, 12:05 PM   #14
haz-mat19

Name: haz-mat19
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
This is definitely the best site. Phil, Timmy, Tim, Billy, Rich and the rest that do an incredible job at running the greatest site on the net, and are so of the nicest people too . It is a great big dysfunctional family. THANKS GUYS

Old 08-28-2008, 04:06 PM   #15
crewgirl

Name: crewgirl
Title: Inmate #28
Member`s Gallery
I was trying to explain to someone from another forum why that place sucked compared to CompD. CompD has a purpose, it's not just a forum that some idiot decided to make for ****s and giggles. And the mods and admins here have an amazing ability to detach themselves from friendship and bias when a tough decision needs to be made. I appreciate the fact that this place is fun and feels like a great big family, but more than that I appreciate that the staff isn't some little click that thinks only of themselves and their own fun.
CompD is the reason why people go to an event where they might only know one or 2 people and end up having the time of their lives. When you meet someone and introduce yourself as your screen name on here it's like you've known each other your entire lives and are totally comfortable to sit and drink a beer with them.

Edit: pain meds may have caused that post to ramble a bit and not have a clear point.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGANSTANFORTH View Post
yes...set your purse down, pull your skirt up, and grow a set...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHOOL BUS View Post
dont argue with anna. she knows everything

Old 08-28-2008, 04:12 PM   #16
displacedtexan

Name: displacedtexan
Title: $500 PREMIUM MEMBER
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalpilot View Post
That's what makes this place special IMHO, we aren't all the same, we may not always agree, or even really get along, but at the end of the day we just want to have a beer together in the alley

And the Mods here don't try to make us all act and think the same. I love this place. Way cooler than my last internet hangout

Old 08-28-2008, 04:13 PM   #17
displacedtexan

Name: displacedtexan
Title: $500 PREMIUM MEMBER
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewgirl View Post

Edit: pain meds may have caused that post to ramble a bit and not have a clear point.......
Pain Meds?

Old 08-28-2008, 04:25 PM   #18
Big Swole

Name: Big Swole
Title: MegaInterceptor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

AMEN!!

Even if your not well known (me), everyone seems to do well to putting up with our (my) ignorance about this stuff and helping us (me) learn!!

Thanks folks!!
-2006 Honda S2000 - SOS Supercharged - 397 whp - Silverstone Metallic
-2016 RAM 2500 MegaCab Diesel - Silver (Tuned)
-HERS
-2019 718 Boxster S - Miami Blue 6MT, Cobb Tune, Soul, Ohlins,
-2014 958.1 Cayenne S - Umber Metallic / Luxor Beige
-2013 Honda Civic S.i.Coupe - 6MT

Old 08-28-2008, 04:54 PM   #19
crewgirl

Name: crewgirl
Title: Inmate #28
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedtexan View Post
Pain Meds?
long story that is not in least interesting or fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGANSTANFORTH View Post
yes...set your purse down, pull your skirt up, and grow a set...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHOOL BUS View Post
dont argue with anna. she knows everything

Old 08-28-2008, 05:09 PM   #20
ride42

Name: ride42
Title: 980MW
Member`s Gallery
I kind of know some stuff and others I am completely new to but everyone that can help does help. It's good knowing that no matter what someone has your back and can lend a hand or tell a joke.

Closed Thread