Opinions on best performance/ all terrain tire?

Love my bfg ko2’s they’ve been great! Use them on and off road daily, road noise is quiet. Track well for an all terrain.

I really liked my barb wire tires, fierce attitudes. They wore really good and were quiet. Only major downfalls were the dumb name and barb wire on the sidewall.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've had good luck with Cooper AT3s
Saw 55k when I had them on my LMM, my 2500 suburban has them, has 34k on them and about 50% tread left..

I live 30 yards off a well travelled state highway.
There AREN'T any quiet tires.
Just less noisy ones. :D

Mark.

I've had a set of Cooper ATP's on my Mega for over a year now and they are wearing great and have handled what few heavy loads i've hauled well.

I like the Cooper ATPs for the price. I am on my second set now. I tried the Dynapros, but they had a terrible wander that wouldn’t go away. Discount tire tried road force balancing them and I even put a few thousand miles on them before I went back to the ATPs. The store said everyone likes them more than the ATPs, so maybe I jus got a bad batch.

So I know Mark says noise is subjective to opinion, but even my 3yr old wants to plug his ear now when riding on the highway! So with that said, hankooks or Coopers loud?

I do like the looks of those AT3 XLTs !

I ran the Cooper Zeon before these hankooks, and by the tread pattern of the coopers you wouldn't expect them to hum but they do. Probably not nearly enough to overcome a 6.7 Cummins with side pipes though...

:lolly:

I got so used to the 22.5 smooth tread.

I’m running 10ply 34” AT3’s on my 14 Chevy 1/2 ton. They are wearing as I would expect, and finally starting to make a slight hum. Barely noticeable if you care to listen. I rotate them every oil change. Ran these same tires on my 05 CR for 45k and really liked them. I’m now running ATP’s on my 05 CR mainly because I like the more square look from sidewall to thread flat. The AT3 is more rounded when compared side by side. Both hold up to heavy loads when pulling trailers.

Cooper’s are molded in USA.

I’m not a BFG fan.

ATP's on my ford. Wearing really well. Haven't gotten in slop with it. Good on snow/ice

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Looking at all the options, went ahead and ordered 6 of these bastards! I will fully maximize the 45k mile warranty!

Toyo Open Country R/T Tire Test

Not pic of my truck, from link above.

toyo-open-country-rt-tire.jpg

Last edited:
Just for future reference; we have a set of cooper AT3 on a half ton farm truck of ours, they lasted alright, but at about 30% tread they are starting to come apart. Belt in one and side wall in the other.

Back