just posted, new issue CP3 loss of RP

Johnny1

I know i just posted, I solved that issue. Thank you for the help!!

Anyhow new stump. The Cp3 i just installed a week ago, is now struggling!

First day- Friday, ran like a friken champ!!! 50-55 ps (boost)i on stuck pump and injectors. 369sxe.

Wednesday of this past week, maybe like 45-50psi of boost. Lots of smoke, sluggish, High egts, High coolant temps... Obviously a cp3 AGAIN. Most obvious under LOAD. Like a hill.

Only thing i think it could be is bad diesel???
What kills CP3s?
Maybe a new weak link???
Can one tank of bad fuel kill a cp3? I have a 5 micron filter, baldwin.
:st::st:

Thanks!

you need to invest in a descent scan tool. or even an OBD link LX off ebay for like 60 bucks that will bluetooth to your phone.

dont jump the gun assuming its the pump. bad diesel wont kill a pump in a week.

sounds like a boost leak to me if i were to guess. you need to hook up a scanner while driving and watch rail pressure and FCA voltage.

first, i would hook up a PVC cap to your turbo inlet and start with a boost leak test. start low 5-10 psi and you will hear it if its there.

how does it start ? how does it idle?

It started slightly better when I first installed the pump. Still starts fine. Idles great, there were a few moments where it sounded like it was misfiring or loping after a rompin on it and coming to a stop. Also, the balance rates of the injectors are all 0-2% MAX. No negatives. Most of them are within 1%.

Just some info for ya. I firmly believe we killed the wife's '09 by not servicing the fuel filter. I mean it was bad!!!

So, that being said, what is your supply pressure???

changed the filter, with the new cp3 last friday.

not sure what the Supply is, its just crazy because for two days it ran like a champ. Now it has trouble spooling up a hill until 70-80% load

Doesn't the rail have a relief valve that has a tendency to stick from time to time??? ...most often when the rail has been over pressured.

What sort of lift pump are you running?
Maybe you have it listed in your signature, but unable to see it on tapatalk.

Check your supply pressure at wot . Cp3 are normally tough . Don't keep throwing parts at it need a scanner to see desired rail pressure and acual rail . Could be a boost leak

Last edited:
copy copy. I have logs. maybe i can post a video, of my fueling log with normal uphill downhill drivin.

Check your supply pressure at wot . Cp3 are normally tough . Don't keep throwing parts at it need a scanner to see desired rail pressure and acual rail . Could be a boost leak

x2... guessing gets you nowhere.

like i said above, check for boost leaks and LP pressure at WOT.

dont talk about it.... BE ABOUT IT*bdh*

Back