Looking for a little help (Video)

Johndeere9610

Ford guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRYmwDlj4zU

I left the line at 5020rpms. and it pulled down to 2900 this is a normal for me.
Do I need a lower gear.

Truck specs.
ED 2.6 turbo with a 1.0 turbine housing
ED 6x16 injectors
12mm 180 pump with 191dv's rack plug and no plate
haisley sled puller cam.
Running 33" bfg a/t and 4.88 gears 4th low
and 30* of timing.

What is your egt's at to me it looked like your not getting enough heat in the cylinders

First off...Try 2nd high, it'll net you a few rpms, and isn't to slow. Several people will say 2hi is a weak gear, and it is. But I have saw many pull with 2hi, and very sledom do you see a break.

2nd- Do you know the spray pattern on the injectors? Don't know much about 24v p-pump timing, but you may be able to go higher, or you may already be out of the bowl. Rods is a good one to talk to on this.

3rd. try putting the plate back in. You could be dumping to much fuel.

Wow. Not really a fix but definately go to 2nd hi and at least get some R's back. I've run 2nd hi since '07 and only broke it one time. Could break it again next time out but so far so good. (Knock on wood.)

maybe build more heat/come off the line slower while on the floor. seems like as soon as it was on the floor you let the clutch out fast

It's got cr pistons in it but not sure on the year of them the injectors I'm not sure of the angle but I told chris at ED what I had and he built them. He also said to bump timing to 36 so that is my next move. I agree that I need so use the clutch more.

So next hook what u all think change timing and 2hi. Unless weather is crazy track will be about that same as in video.

looks like you never really get the turbo lit, I would say put a plate back in and see what that nets you.

If they are the late CR piston and 155 degree cone angle, 34 degrees on the light seems to work the best. What turbine wheel is on that charger?

Ya I wouldnt touch the timing 30 is pretty good, like the others say yr not building enough heat coming off the line, have any Idea what the EGTS were? Smoke is just way to black IMO, what u have listed is a good combo and with 4.88s it should'nt choke like that just need some more fine tuning somewere

If your pistons are not decompressed i would take some timing out of it and cut some fuel back you are flooding the motor with fuel. Ask me how i know what to much timing will do

If your pistons are not decompressed i would take some timing out of it and cut some fuel back you are flooding the motor with fuel. Ask me how i know what to much timing will do

I was told they had some work done but what that entells I'm not sure. I did not build this motor it was in the truck. The plan for winter is to tear it down and see what I got. Just trying to get it to run for now.

Ya I wouldnt touch the timing 30 is pretty good, like the others say yr not building enough heat coming off the line, have any Idea what the EGTS were? Smoke is just way to black IMO, what u have listed is a good combo and with 4.88s it should'nt choke like that just need some more fine tuning somewere

I have two hooks on this injectors and haven't looked. I know I need to I have a bad case of tunnel vision. Before I ran some fbd 6X20 and they were about 1550 on EGTS my 7x18s before were about 18-1900 egts

Back