Re-man electronics.

RonA

What kind of luck have you had with re-built electronics? I need an IDM for my 95 and it looks like re-built is the only thing I can get.

Shipped the ecu and icm off to a place in Fl for testing. Hopefully we'll get this figured out.

I have one that I'm thinking about opening up and checking out, they're dumb computers so it shouldn't be too bad unless it's totally smoked.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I bought an IDM from some place that look like a computer repair joint online. They ship you a recon driver and you ship yours back to retrieve your core. The reconditioned unit shows up and didn't fix the problem. I sent the core back thinking it was a harness issue. It wasn't. Turned out the reconditioned unit was bad out of the box. I call the place hoping they would help me out. It took a bit of talking as I believe English was not their 1st language (possibly even 2nd or 3rd). In the end they did ship another but both times it was shipped it took something like 4 weeks to show up. It was much cheaper than buying a new one but you better not be in a hurry.

I didn't search online before shipping them in. Wish I had. A lot of bad reviews. Place is called NEAT Computers. I sent mine in to be tested and now I'm thinking about contacting them and asking for them to just send them back and charge me a handling fee and return shipping. I'd hate to loose mine and end up with something that not only didn't work, but wasn't even for the right vehicle. Sucks that they just shipped this morning and I looked the place up this afternoon.

I have used a place called auto computer exchange out of Davie,Fl and have had very good luck and no complaints.

So far so good with the reman ECU and ICM. Starts great, runs fine. A bit less power than before(no chip), and the fuel mileage appears to be down quite a bit.

Back