Pulls cancelled!

People need to get the phuck over it. If it rains your not getting a refund. Just like Scheid doesn't get their rental fee back on the ground or the huge amount of money it takes to have PPL run the pulls. With that big money they invest brings all of us the opportunity to see one of the biggest freaking shows out their. So if your ass is so tight on money where that $60 ruins your life cause you didn't see the trucks go down the track. Keep your stupid asses at home. It's a risk from start to finish for everyone when mother nature is around.
And the oralers are morons but aren't going anywhere. So again, if you don't like it, don't come you damn babies. I hate to see the bs but I stay away from it and let the cops do their jobs. Why the phuck do you cry babies think *****ing year after year is going to stop it? "This is why I don't go" or "this is why I'm not gonna go" GOOD keep your stupid asses at home and sit and wish you were enjoying the bad ass show that is put on every year. Yes there was big partying but I thought it was under much better control... UNTIL the big rain. Then idiots will be idiots. If the rain hadn't happened I think it was the best event they have had yet. Then you pusssies wouldn't be crying over losing your $60. Rant over

Had a great time. Enjoy seeing all of my friends and hanging out. Rough day with the truck but thats the name of the game.

It rained???

People need to get the phuck over it. If it rains your not getting a refund. Just like Scheid doesn't get their rental fee back on the ground or the huge amount of money it takes to have PPL run the pulls. With that big money they invest brings all of us the opportunity to see one of the biggest freaking shows out their. So if your ass is so tight on money where that $60 ruins your life cause you didn't see the trucks go down the track. Keep your stupid asses at home. It's a risk from start to finish for everyone when mother nature is around.
And the oralers are morons but aren't going anywhere. So again, if you don't like it, don't come you damn babies. I hate to see the bs but I stay away from it and let the cops do their jobs. Why the phuck do you cry babies think *****ing year after year is going to stop it? "This is why I don't go" or "this is why I'm not gonna go" GOOD keep your stupid asses at home and sit and wish you were enjoying the bad ass show that is put on every year. Yes there was big partying but I thought it was under much better control... UNTIL the big rain. Then idiots will be idiots. If the rain hadn't happened I think it was the best event they have had yet. Then you pusssies wouldn't be crying over losing your $60. Rant over

Had a great time. Enjoy seeing all of my friends and hanging out. Rough day with the truck but thats the name of the game.

:Cheer:

Honestly it is entirely on the police and security for ever letting it get out of hand. You will always have kids pushing their limits and wanting to act this way. Security and scheid staff were both there for quite some time before taking any action when the mud bogging douchery started. Cops drove by multiple times throughout as well. We happened to be camping right by that ditch.

I'll chime in:

Calmest year I've seen so far - I'm good with that and thanked the law enforcement officers I ran into for being there.

Refunds? Plenty of good reasons already given for why they didn't.

As far as rescheduling - it's just not realistic. I'm not up on all the different pulling leagues and schedules, but have been fortunate enough to talk to some of the guys that have nice programs and pull a lot. I know in years past some of the top guys in a given class might pull 3 different places in a weekend. I specifically remember last year or the year before a friend was pulling in MI Friday night, Scheid's Saturday night, and in Wisconsin some place that Sunday night! It's just not practical - it would screw up the points for guys, lead to a whole bunch of "if it hadn't rescheduled, so and so would have beat so and so..." Just not realistic.

Disappointing for sure, as I drove about 10 hours total for what amounted to 2 hours of show and an impromptu diesel truck [woodward] dream cruise - complete with miles of traffic not moving.

I need to start going down Friday nights again...

As for the partiers: With all the (local) good ol' farm boys that attend this event, why doesn't one of them set up an "unofficial" party field (hopefully that they own) a little out of town a couple of nights ahead of time and then tell everyone the night of? It's keep all the idiots out of town make it a lot safer for those who don't want to be involved in the craziness. I remember years ago at the Lima, OH truck Jamborees the Wapokeneta truck stop one exit down always had HUGE raging parties that weekend, and for lots of reasons there is just no WAY it was formal/leagal/approved!

Last edited:
Yes the top 10 trucks that had made all of the hooks in the Midwest Region were pre qualified for this years event. Two years ago they only took 12 trucks total on Friday night so this year even with the 10 already in they took 16 more. I was one of those 10 and I don't see it as unfair given the commitment that we all made to run the series. Look at the trucks that were prequalified though. They made up 6 of the top 7 spots on Friday night.

100% agree with you. I'd feel the same way if I were you. The only reason I ask is because the schedule said the top 26 qualifiers which led me to believe you still had to hook in the morning. I also saw the numbers were down from last year with 3.0 numbers up a few more trucks.

Either way I was just curious. :)

I packed up and got out about 30 minutes after the rain started because I didn't want dbags throwing mud all over my stuff, a guy did die for about 10 minutes Saturday night at the holiday inn. He got so drunk he fell down and hit his head and choked on his own vomit, he didn't fall out of a truck that was moving he was leaning on an open tailgate and tipped over. Stupid is is stupid does!

Yes the top 10 trucks that had made all of the hooks in the Midwest Region were pre qualified for this years event. Two years ago they only took 12 trucks total on Friday night so this year even with the 10 already in they took 16 more. I was one of those 10 and I don't see it as unfair given the commitment that we all made to run the series. Look at the trucks that were prequalified though. They made up 6 of the top 7 spots on Friday night.

The top ten trucks that auto qualified are great running trucks, which they showed in the Friday night show. There are also good running trucks that make the commitment to run the ppl western series that aren't given auto qualifying spots. Yes they didn't make up the top spots on this night, but the guys who could have auto qualified under the western series qualified for the show. There is always the chance of something going wrong in qualifying.

I wasn't saying 60 bucks broke the bank douche. I said I thought it sucked they couldn't make it up. I understand the schedules don't always work out but I've been to many events this size or bigger that were rained out that still rained. The Indy 500 had been ran on a Tuesday before which is quite a bit bigger then SDX. I was just venting because I hadn't gone to a pull all year and I missed a big charity off road trail ride to go to the pull that got cancelled. We can't control the weather I got that

The top ten trucks that auto qualified are great running trucks, which they showed in the Friday night show. There are also good running trucks that make the commitment to run the ppl western series that aren't given auto qualifying spots. Yes they didn't make up the top spots on this night, but the guys who could have auto qualified under the western series qualified for the show. There is always the chance of something going wrong in qualifying.

There are several good trucks that run the Western Series as well, agreed. But it was a points hook for the Midwest Region and not for the Western Series. That's why those guys don't get the automatic bid. Every year there is always someone that has something happen in qualifying that shakes up the points is why they did it. Same thing would've happened this year as one of the 10 trashed a motor Friday night on his only pass of the weekend. If that would've happened in qualifying he would have only gotten 25 points instead of the top 5 finish, 40+ points, he had.

^^I'm with stupid^^ We always talk about adding chlorine to the gene pool and policing ourselves but if the good guys don't show up that just leaves a vacuum that's going to be filled by the lowest common denominator -asshole orallers. So how bout instead of *****ing, show up and help represent the good guys.

The Indy 500

And here we go with the event comparisons that are similiar to the Scheid/PPL event.... :bang THE INDY 500 hahahaha!!! HUGE money organization that races once a week tops. Not an organization that has another event in less than 24 hours a couple states away. Way to plead your case you baby. Oh my $60 boo hoo....

Last edited:
There is a sign as soon as you come through the front gates that reads NO REFUNDS. By paying money to enter the event, you agree to those terms.

If you want to compare something, here is the campground when I was there for a brief moment.

6ea14b8840a8f13c33a8e4abf0c1780d.jpg

964e8ea94774f94cce20eb90a0c2d352.jpg

78e6380d2961e08f86d948e92e50d3a5.jpg

And these are the pits at the drag strip when we left Sunday evening.

598aac168bdb59c50afa14219cf7cb52.jpg

There is a sign as soon as you come through the front gates that reads NO REFUNDS. By paying money to enter the event, you agree to those terms.

If you want to compare something, here is the campground when I was there for a brief moment.

6ea14b8840a8f13c33a8e4abf0c1780d.jpg

964e8ea94774f94cce20eb90a0c2d352.jpg

78e6380d2961e08f86d948e92e50d3a5.jpg

And these are the pits at the drag strip when we left Sunday evening.

598aac168bdb59c50afa14219cf7cb52.jpg

Respect goes along way... clearly shown above.

I went to check on my truck saturday night and randy peters was personally sitting at the gate. He said he has had several people try and enter and "have a good time" in the pit area and he wouldnt let them in. He said some girl was doing doughnuts in her mustang in the field where he could see her doing it and tryed to convince him to let her " turn around" inside the pits.

Imo the safest place to be at that show is camping with ypur truck in the pits.

We camped up by the show and shine, sooo much better than being back with the idiots. It was nice and quiet and allowed us to enjoy the show and be close to the camper since it was so hot. I had a good time sitting in my chair along the walkway and talking to people.

If I would of known that I would of came over. I sat by my truck in the show and shine pretty much all weekend.

I believe at least one of the days your truck was directly across from me and the camper in the show and shine.

Back