Please pray for my Mom

dieselracer07

I got a call from my Dad this morning telling me to hurry home. My Mom is in the ICU and her liver and kidneys have shut down. She has been battling Lupus for 14 years now and I believe that the fight is nearly over. She has been a rock and has stuck it through this long and has never once complained or asked why me. I'm not extremely religious, but I do believe in the power of prayer. Right now they have her on adrenaline to keep her with us but she has asked that we do not resuscitate her. Please pray that whatever Gods will is for her, it happens peacefully and painlessly. Thank you all.

Just an update

I found out when I got to the hospital that she had a seizure at about 4am and was taken to the hospital by ambulance. They ran test and discovered she suffered some brain damage. Then the kidneys and liver failed. They say she can hear me when I talk to her but she's unresponsive. Currently they're giving her adrenaline and morphine. But they will stop sustaining life soon. I've been talking to her for about an hour in hopes that she can understand me. I haven't been able to make it home in about a month before this and regret that with every bit of my soul. Call me a mama's boy if you want but she's the best friend I have in this world. I urge you, if your mother is still around please call her just to say I love you. I rushed off the phone with my mom yesterday evening because I was busy. I'll regret that for the rest of my life. Because that was likely the last time I'll get to have an actual conversation with her.

Dang Nat!!

I'm so sorry to hear this Buddy... I sure will be praying for her.
And you need anything please call me man. I'm working for the next 8 days straight but will still try if you need something..

Prayers forthcoming!!!

Keep talking to her man!! Just keep telling her you love her and to fight!

But also remind her of the wonderful wonderful place she'll go to is it's God Will!!

I'm praying for you and her man..... And Yes, I'll be calling my Mother right NOW!!

I rushed off the phone with my mom yesterday evening because I was busy. I'll regret that for the rest of my life. Because that was likely the last time I'll get to have an actual conversation with her.

you can't do that to yourself... Think of how many good conversations and jokes you shared over the years.

I wish you, your mother, and your family peace

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. At 430pm I lost my best friend, my mother. I had left for just a minute to get some food. I got back just in time to be with her in the end. It hurts in a way I'll never be able to explain, but I'm glad I was there.
Again thank you all. I don't understand it but I do know that there is a bright side to everything and that she is no longer in pain and is looking over me now.

wow, sorry to hear that. Its never an easy time and is always hard to find something to say. Spend time now with the ones you love. And cherish those moments.

Sorry to hear that man.......I know I'll cry like a baby when its my mom's turn, I AM a momma's boy, and there ain't one damn bit of shame in it. May you and yours be at peace

Back