New 2.6 class PA/OH/WV area

As I'm all for a unified set of rules from coast to coast. it still confuses me why everyone is pushing for a set of rules that they are going to trash drive line every other week end and spend $5-10k just to make it through one season. Makes absolutely no sense. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but pretty sure I'm not.

As I'm all for a unified set of rules from coast to coast. it still confuses me why everyone is pushing for a set of rules that they are going to trash drive line every other week end and spend $5-10k just to make it through one season. Makes absolutely no sense. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but pretty sure I'm not.

What rules are different enough to prevent the driveline issues in your eyes? Out of curiosity? Seems to be the nature of the beast, regardless of rules, unless its one of the few running no drw.

What rules are different enough to prevent the driveline issues in your eyes? Out of curiosity? Seems to be the nature of the beast, regardless of rules, unless its one of the few running no drw.

I'm just against PPL's bs interpretation of a turbo/mve rule. I have one myself just to be competitive but think its so far to the cheating side I don't understand how anyone in their right mind could call it legal (3.0). Yet PPL says it is. So let's keep adding power to trucks in 2.6 that half don't make down the track every weekend because of drive line issues. What will be interesting to see is how many are still running every weekend at the end of the year after replacing these things on a regular basis and who jumps ship. It may back fire and help the one who didn't want to conform.

Last edited:
That protrusion charger design that PPL is letting slide should be legal elsewhere, and even if it isn't, it passed with flying colors at the other org's anywho.

That protrusion charger design that PPL is letting slide should be legal elsewhere, and even if it isn't, it passed with flying colors at the other org's anywho.

That's the problem. It shouldn't be legal any where

Didn't PPL address the turbo issue with the 2014 rule changes?

3.0 Diesel Trucks
:
MWE groove must be inside neck area where intake cover is measured @3.0”.
Dual rear wheels only permitted.
2.6 Diesel Trucks
:
MWE
groove must be inside neck area where intake cover is measured @2.6”.
Maximum of one P
pump, with only one plunger per cylinder.
Front brakes only.
Dual rear wheels only

Didn't PPL address the turbo issue with the 2014 rule changes?

3.0 Diesel Trucks
:
MWE groove must be inside neck area where intake cover is measured @3.0”.
Dual rear wheels only permitted.
2.6 Diesel Trucks
:
MWE
groove must be inside neck area where intake cover is measured @2.6”.
Maximum of one P
pump, with only one plunger per cylinder.
Front brakes only.
Dual rear wheels only
The issue I'm referring to is the front facing facing groove. Not how they snaked around the wording

Last edited:
Jeremy is right, the turbos should never have gotten this far.

Bushings and a limit on the MWE to 0.140" or so (typical stock dimension) with some clear orientation rules would have been cheap and smart but that's too much to ask of pulling sanctioning bodies apparently.

What's funny is the trickery and BS lasts about a year or two before everyone has the same crap, making it pointless.

2.6 would be no less interesting or entertaining at -200 to -300 HP from where it is now.

When will the complete, printable 2014 2.6 rules be published? Sounds simple
Another place to put is always welcomed

Just a Quick update on where this class is headed, so far there are 7 hooks scheduled for the class, payouts are not 100% set but class purse is going to be in the 1650/1900 per pull as of now, one thing with this group...all sponser money raised by the pullers goes 100% back into the purse or points fund (sponsers choice), not the promoters pocket!!! In a very short amount of time we have gotten to this point and look to maybe even go further. more updates soon.

One other note, PPP has decided to let the non protrusion 2.6 trucks to pull a hook or two provided they have all required safety equipment.

Last edited:
There are a couple fairs that had not finalized their contracts, so the schedule had not been released. 2.6 hooks will be Pine Lake, OH June 21. Washington Co fairgrounds, Greene co. fairgrounds, Westmoreland fairgrounds, big knob grange fair in pa, and Marshall co. fairgrounds in WV. Working on one more in pa at this time. I don't remember any of the dates except pine lakes. Which will be their opener for the year.

Here are is tentative schedule for the first 6 Hooks for the new Power Pulling Productions Lucas Oil 2.6 class. More are planed to be added in the near future. Contracts are signed for 5 of these as of now!
June 21st Ashtabula oh Pine lake Raceway 7pm
July 19th Washington pa fairgrounds 630pm
July 24th Marshel Co WV Moundsville 7pm
Aug. 5th Greene CO PA fair wayneburg pa 7pm
aug 21st Westmoreland PA fair greensburg pa 7pm
aug 28th Big knob grange, rochester pa 730pm

Payouts for the class have tentatively been set as fallowing and could increase with more class sponsers!

1st $450
2nd $375
3rd $300
4th $225
5th $150
6th $100
7th $50

It has also been decided that any NON protrusion 2.6 truck from the other orgs will be allowed a 1 time waiver to come hook but all saftey equipment rules will be enforced.

More info to fallow, but this is a start!! THanx

GOt a pull added today, Dayton Fair in Dayton pa has added the PPL 2.6 class on wed night august 13th. sponser money for the new class is still coming in as well so we are looking forward to an even larger purse to be announced as well soon! Thanx

Updated schedule
June 21st Ashtabula oh Pine lake Raceway 7pm
July 19th Washington pa fairgrounds 630pm
July 24th Marshall Co WV Moundsville 7pm
Aug. 5th Greene CO PA fair wayneburg pa 7pm
Aug. 13th Dayton Fair, Dayton Pa
aug. 21st Westmoreland PA fair greensburg pa 7pm
aug 28th Big knob grange, rochester pa 730pm

Back