Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > EFI Live Tuning Discussion (Cummins)
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 11:42 PM   #1
dangerous06

Name: dangerous06
Title: diesel tech
Member`s Gallery
Installed on top of smarty tuner

WELL I INSTALLED AN EFI Tune in a 06 that was already running a smarty tune. I didn't know the truck had a smarty till further investigation because the EFI tune runs like crap! Could the Smarty be effecting the EFI tune?
I have very bad smoke at lower rpms and the turbo response is crazy slow.
When I switch to #2 the Injectors rattle really bad but 3,4,5 are good only after 2000 rpm. I believe the EFI erases the ECM and writes it's tune. Anyone ever do this? Should I return to stock and try again?

Old 10-27-2018, 12:24 AM   #2
arinkuddy

Name: arinkuddy
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
I'm pretty sure you won't be able to return to stock with the smarty since you overwrote the ECM. Shouldn't hurt anything if you do.

From what I remember the only time a box tuner causes issues with EFILive is if you return to stock then read that stock file out and try to modify it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 10-27-2018, 04:50 AM   #3
YoungDiesel27

Name: YoungDiesel27
Title: Never Enough Time
Member`s Gallery
In rare cases I have seen certain trucks that just didn’t accept certain OS and had to be changed to a different OS. As for the rattle on tune 2, I’d say your tune is written with a single injection event. You should get with whoever you bought the tunes from.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:09 PM   #4
Dom_c13b

Name: Dom_c13b
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
You shouldn't have an issue writing over the smarty tune. Who wrote your current tunes? If there are issues you should contact them for diag/retune.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:48 PM   #5
JWhite

Name: JWhite
Title: Trained monkey
Member`s Gallery
Did you start with a clean base file? Or you read the ecm first, then modified that tune?

Old 12-20-2018, 10:17 PM   #6
SixOhh

Name: SixOhh
Title: EPA unfriendly
Member`s Gallery
To be blunt, its not the smarty's fault. No matter what tune you had on there from a box tuner (or any other for that matter) once you reflash the ECM it doesn't matter what was on there before. If it ran fine on the smarty and you went to a custom tune its the tuners fault, assuming your truck is in good working order.

You really should have saved the OEM base file but sounds like it was never on there to begin with.

find a stock file and see how it runs... depending on your mods.
H-Town Off-Road

Closed Thread