Lowered 4wd Rancho part #

joelc79

I want to go with some Rancho 9000XL on my 03' and i am having a hard time coming up with a part #. The truck is lowered maybe 4"-5" in the rear. I would assume i would want a different shock in the rear than stock. I tried calling Rancho direct and the sales rep doesnt have fancy cross referencing software to get me different length shocks with the same eyelet dimentions.
The front i figure i can go with stock because its only maybe 2"-3" lower with the 1/2 ton gasser springs.
The front is stock, PN. is a RS999221 23.25" extended X 15.00" collapsed.

The rear dimentions i want (roughly) are 23.87" ext. X 14.87" with a 9/16th eyelet.

So for those of you who has lowered a 3rd gen 4X4 what shocks (part number) do you run?

Thanks!

You would think.. I called their tech line and i stopped in. They have some smart guys, it just depends on how many 17yr olds they deal with before you getting ricer parts and chrome kits for their 85 S-10's.

Sent from my fphone

I don't know if it matters but as far as I know the Rancho's aren't rebuildable. You'll obviously save $180 on the total purchase running Ranchos. But depending on the Ranchos lifespan, it may be cheaper in the long run to go with the QA1s. Plus the QA1s are shiny, that adds at least 50hp from all 4 corners. LOL

I went with the QA1's.. The ability to rebuild is a bonus. I came across a suspension shop that specializes in custom shocks and they made me a deal i couldn't refuse.
Thanks CRfromHell also

Sent from my fphone

Good deal Joel, glad to see your's coming together! Can't wait to see the 80 in action.

Thanks, that got held up a week.. Letting the ole girl come up to temps to fill the coolant the hg let go. Having it done this coming week along with my cage and some other stuff. It did sound nice at an idle though..lol.

Sent from my fphone

So putting the rear TS901 shocks on they are not fitting. The drivers side rear just barely fit and the pass side is about 1/2" short.
They are 23.870 ext. and 14.870 collapsed. There is only four leaf springs left, no spacers. It sets level with the 1/2 ton front 4X4 springs.
Any suggestions?

What part number Qa1's did you get? Mines lowered about 3" and I want to get Fleece's new tower deletes. Anyone have suggestions?

Back