Cylinder head updates

I want the billet aluminum 18V head! Just cause...I don't even have anything to put it on. Maybe the mantle above my fire place. (I would have to build a fire place first)

My wife doesn't agree with me that diesel parts can be decoration around the house LOL

Me too please. Getting to the point where I need to decide to get this 6.7 head worked over or something from the hill country.

If you want to trade out and your head is useable, I might be able to trade you out at no cost. Call me on my cell tomorrow. 1-512-525-3628 and I will see if I can take care of you.

Would love your feedback.

Hey! Could you give me a price on one of your street heads or someones trade in? I'd love to have one for my truck.. If you can shoot me a text at 606-336-1060. I really would prefer one with the shelf still attached! Thanks!

In the past we tried to make a head that was one size fits all. What we ended up with was a head that was mediocre for all things. My intentions were to mass produce a head that would benefit the street crowd and could be ported into a real competition head. The reasoning behind it was to keep costs down by only paying for one tooling charge. When it was all said and done, the head was great for really hot street trucks, and was an improvement for competition engines but did not let engines fully see their potential. When we decided it was time to make a new head, it was pretty clear that the "one casting, two purposes" was not possible any more.

That being said, our old head has morphed into the street head. We redesigned the tooling with a new intake shape. It is basically our old head with a "ported oem" intake shape. This was done to increase swirl, and decrease port volume to increase velocity and make low rpm operation more snappy. My goal is to make enough design improvements that it will not make sense for anybody to take an old cracked head in to get new seats, guides, valve job and porting. To get this done the cost of a new head has to be cheaper than all of the above listed operations. The street head will start at $1599 as a bare casting as we start production in very small runs. If quantities increase, the price will decrease as the cost of production decreases. These heads will only be able to produce 220-230 cfm before you hit water.

On the war head, I cannot ever see this head going mainstream for daily drivers or reaching mass production. As such, the price has to be a bit higher to cover tooling and small production numbers. They will be just over 2k for a casting. As cast, flow will be in the 260-270CFm range. With large valves and a large bore, flow should be able to reach almost 400cfm.

On the Solid 24v head, this was our quickest way to allow for a competition CR head without the high cost for tooling. We just removed the Coolant passages before casting and then machined some of them back in on the exhaust side. These heads are more intricate and are made in small lots of 10-20pieces which is why they are $2200. If the CR head project gets traction, we will redesign the entire head and mass produce them, which will reduce the costs considerably.

On the 18v CR, this is a test to see just how far we can push a non-OHC based cylinder head. These will be around 10k once complete, which does not account for all of the costs to develop them. It is more or less a research project that you have the opportunity to buy. We only have 2 pieces being made right now. They have the potential to have a 1.550" intake valve, and Flow could easily eclipse 400CFM. If they gain traction, we will of course lower costs as our costs to produce drop.

So the solid 24v does have some coolant to it. Is it enough to allow a small degree of street ability? Not looking to dd or tow, just don't want to become a trailer queen.

Wait for the wet 24v head?

On the 18v CR, this is a test to see just how far we can push a non-OHC based cylinder head. These will be around 10k once complete, which does not account for all of the costs to develop them. It is more or less a research project that you have the opportunity to buy. We only have 2 pieces being made right now. They have the potential to have a 1.550" intake valve, and Flow could easily eclipse 400CFM. If they gain traction, we will of course lower costs as our costs to produce drop.
If these ever make way into being able to be bought, are these heads going to flow coolant? This would be crazy to see in a street application.

Need a tester for some of those competition 12v heads? :poke: :poke:

Pretty wild stuff you guys are putting together. You guys are really pushing the envelope in Cummins performance. Congrats and Thank you!! :Cheer:

Me too please. Getting to the point where I need to decide to get this 6.7 head worked over or something from the hill country.

Its going to be a few months until we get a street CR head. I would just get Pat Nye or Jeremy Wagler to work yours over with larger valves.

97rada, you arequite welcome. Thank you all for funding these head projects, I work for all of you...

I think it will be a great year with 400CFM heads, if the pump builders find higher rates of injection.

Last edited:
Looks good zach. Would you mind sharing what bore and valve size is needed to achieve the 400cfm on the war head? And also what is the availability? Thanks

Back