going to the dyno anything i should know

yeah, that skinny thingy on the far right side of the floorboard should be pushed down pretty hard. The farther down it goes the better results typically :doh: Just kidding pard, have fun I wish I could get on the rollers.

George

gunracer1 said:
don't let it hurt your feeling when you dyno was less than you think you should. i guess 295 rwhp

I say 280. those 37s may hurt you a bit. But I know nothing about PSD so don't judge my prediction. :bang

i was told by the dyno opperator that tires didnt matter that i could 2 runs one with stock tires ond one with the 37s and still get the same numbers

02psd7.3 said:
i was told by the dyno opperator that tires didnt matter that i could 2 runs one with stock tires ond one with the 37s and still get the same numbers

That doesn't sound right to me, I could be wrong but won't it take more power to turn a bigger,heavier tire?
I know my truck feels totally different when running 35's

There is a lot more rolling mass, I bet it will be lower, but not a huge amount. The best thing about the first time is you know where you stand for the future. My first run sucked:doh: , so I upgraded:rockwoot: :Cheer:

02psd7.3 said:

The dyno operator is a fool, a taller tire has more mass, the dyno measures how fast you can accelerate a known mass for it's readings. Anytime you add weight to the driveline you loose dyno HP. My truck with 34' tall, 150lb apiece Ricksons will dyno 7-10HP lower than the same truck with stock tires. It just takes power to spin large tires, and that power is not shown on the dyno reading.

Back