Any tips for removing factory 04 headlights

INDSLPWR04

I got a set of projector style blacked out headlights and matching turn signals. I spent hours trying to get one light out and wound up breaking the aftermarket adjuster boss off of the light so i had to put it all back together. Are there any tips for getting the factory adjuster unsnaped from the header?

Buy the special tool from ford or lisle. Or get very talented with 2 screwdrivers and a catchers mit.

How much of my arm will Ford want for that? I found a 9mm socket kinda worked if i only had a little more room. My fat hands just cant get in there.

Not sure, I borrow one from a guy at work. Those silver/tin clips are a bastard. May try an O-ring hook. just work one side on the clip at a time.

YES those clips are a BASTARD!.. but the little black button that has the two ears is REALLY THE MOFO.... I just did this yesterday and I even had the the drivers side inner fender liner out and it still was a beeeatch.. had to put pressure on it on the out side pulling the headlight forward and push the ears in one by one ..argh...It is making want to swap in a XL sealled beam set up... any one have one? I did break a head light clip too... is this special tool for the headlight clips or the black retaining button/clip on the bottom? any tips on that?
Thanks
deo

I just twisted the upper adjustment screw bracket until it popped out, unscrewed the bottom adjustment screw and pulled on the black button thingy until it popped off.

The lower clip in the header: Just use a 9/16 deep 3/8 drive socket and push it over the stub and give the light a tug, it will come right out. On the silver clips just get 4 new ones for a 2004 and they are designed differently and make for easy removal just like Police cars.

Back