egt problems

britton02f250

Hey guys whats up.ihave a f250 psd with the edge juice with attitude last night i was driving through town at about 35mph when my alert went off i lokked at it and it said my egt's were 1500 degrees. i let my foot off the gas and they went back down to about 350-400. i gave it a little gas and they went back up. i took my air filter out and cleaned it anad drove it again today and it did the same thing. i thought it might have been the cold weather but i dont thank that is it. i called edge and they said it sounds like i have a bad egt sensor and they are going to send me a new one. my question is if that isn't it what else should i look at. also i have a straight 4 inch exhaust and the stage 2 afe air intake. thanks in advance for the help and your time.you can email me at britton.wood@yahoo.com:thankyou2:

Probably the sensor. If you temp was that high you'd also see a lot of black smoke to go with it. Can't have heat without fuel.

thanks no there was no smoke just the monitor beeping at me well ill put the new one on and see what happens. thanks for the response

There were problems with Edge's source of EGT probes. They switched the straight probes with ones that have a 90 degree bend in them. But some of the bent ones have gone bad. It happens with mass production.

Back