Fass for 12V issue

zstroken

For $$$ your name here
Dan, I have a fass for the 12V, the 180 pump with the 45 psi setup. The other night I lost fuel pressure(gage read zero) I attributed this to driving down a hill after pulling, fuel pressure came back. Well about a week later(yesterday) I noticed no fuel pressure again. The pump is loud and I had it when I first started the truck, but it went away. I notice diesel under the unit on the concrete. Shut the truck off. Looked at the system, there is diesel on the opposite end of the motor shaft. Doesn't appear to be coming out of the wire connection, cause my wire hang down and they were not wet, but that end of the motor was. Turned it back on still no pressure. Loosened fuel filter, and pressure came back. Suggestions?? PUmp is probably 15 months old. Only used on a puller.

Brad is down in Texas, running the Texas Mile and racing. I would suggest calling and talking to their tech guy on monday. If your going to miss a pull today and need a answer quick, I have his cell nimber and can call him. You might check the pressure regulator spring and ball in the fuel return. It maybe stuck or something under the ball? There is a second pressure reg. in the T Block Assy. That may be a problem also. I would suggest taking the T Block off the header by loosening the two bolts that hold the T Block to the header. Put the T Block in the vise and carefully take the pump assy off by loosening the 4 bolts that hold the pump to the T Block. You will want to position the T Block in the vise so that the 4 bolts are facing up. Check the pressure reg. sring and ball and also check the seal in the pump motor itself. Thanks, Brady

There has been a new updated intermediate plate in the T block Assy that will make the pump much quiter. Your is old enough to not have that plate installed in it. Thanks

Thanks Brady. I am gonna hit the pull it just seems like it is a hit and miss issue. I can drop the pump tomorrow and tear this apart. Do you have the tech number for the guy?? The pump was fine after I loosened the filter, and I haven't had an issue yet. If it has fuel pressure when I go to load it today, I am gonna run it!

Brady thanks. I went to the pull, had to loosen the filter to get it to initially build pressure. Started the truck several times and everything was fine. Shut truck off and went to start less than 5 minutes since it had been shut off. No pressure, loosened filter and bam pressure. So hopefully that sets off a lightbulb in someones head.

zstroken said:
Dan, I have a fass for the 12V, the 180 pump with the 45 psi setup. The other night I lost fuel pressure(gage read zero) I attributed this to driving down a hill after pulling, fuel pressure came back. Well about a week later(yesterday) I noticed no fuel pressure again. The pump is loud and I had it when I first started the truck, but it went away. I notice diesel under the unit on the concrete. Shut the truck off. Looked at the system, there is diesel on the opposite end of the motor shaft. Doesn't appear to be coming out of the wire connection, cause my wire hang down and they were not wet, but that end of the motor was. Turned it back on still no pressure. Loosened fuel filter, and pressure came back. Suggestions?? Pump is probably 15 months old. Only used on a puller.

I feel your pressure issue is due to the draw tube in the tank. Were you low on fuel when this happened? How tall is your tube off the bottom of the tank? Needs to be about the width of 2 quarters off the bottom.

As for the leak, we have a weep hole on the bottom of the motor base where the motor attaches. I bet its leaking out this hole. (might clean it with brake cleaner and let the system run to establish exactly where its coming from) Its letting you know that the shaft seal is leaking if its leaking out the hole. If you have an SN, contact your selling FASS dealer with that info and depending on wnty registration, we will handle the leak under wnty.

Dan this is the Fass system that you took care of the warranty stuff for. These were purchased through browns diesel. I sent you the numbers on my pumps. I had 3 of them that I sent you. I can get the numbers though. Originally I thought it might be a fuel level issue, so I put in like 10-15 gallon. I am curious why it seems to be loosing prime? Is that what it is doing, since when I loosen the fuel filter up, it builds pressure right back?
System has been installed for at least 9 months or so on the truck. I first noticed this when I went down a steep hill after a pull. Then it has been showing up on and off since the last week.

Last edited:
zstroken said:
Dan this is the Fass system that you took care of the warranty stuff for. These were purchased through browns diesel. I sent you the numbers on my pumps. I had 3 of them that I sent you. I can get the numbers though. Originally I thought it might be a fuel level issue, so I put in like 10-15 gallon. I am curious why it seems to be loosing prime? Is that what it is doing, since when I loosen the fuel filter up, it builds pressure right back?
System has been installed for at least 9 months or so on the truck. I first noticed this when I went down a steep hill after a pull. Then it has been showing up on and off since the last week.

Man...i had to knock the dust off the TDR PM's you sent me back on 9-18-06....SN is 8889 for your 12V FASS kit.....I also have the numbers off the other 2 if you need/want them for S&G's. One thing i can tell you is you do not have the noise update.

Try to find me where that leak is exactly coming from. If we have an o-ring that was comprimised upon assembly, or when the t-block was changed out, this could allow it to suck air and loose prime (and leak). (IF we even went that far)

Assuming pulling season is getting close to ending, is there a way you could send in the pump for me to test here in-house?

I could do that, probably only two weekends left of pulling. Do you want just the pump? Or the whole FASS. Tblock change out? Last issue I had was with the pickup in the tank, and I will not rule that out. I just need some time and I will just pull the bed off of the truck. I am just curious before I pull the bed, about the fuel leaking around the unit. I don't mind the noise lets me know that it is running, incase I fail to look at my pressure gage. I am assuming a month or so wouldn't be a show stopper for ya?

zstroken said:
I could do that, probably only two weekends left of pulling. Do you want just the pump? Or the whole FASS. Tblock change out? Last issue I had was with the pickup in the tank, and I will not rule that out. I just need some time and I will just pull the bed off of the truck. I am just curious before I pull the bed, about the fuel leaking around the unit. I don't mind the noise lets me know that it is running, incase I fail to look at my pressure gage. I am assuming a month or so wouldn't be a show stopper for ya?

Heck no.....just PM me when your ready and we will get a RMA on it. Considering the issue...i would like the whole unit less filters....

Back