#lildebbie build thread

Hey guys, I am the owner of the T-bird that you raced at the Memphis zip tie drags. Just happened to see this thread and thought I would stop in to say that I love the bread truck and wish you success with it. I sure as hell did not think I was going to pull off the win at Memphis.

Here is the build thread for my junkyard T-bird:
1989 SC needs to run mid 12s

Thanks, we had a lot of fun. That T-bird was very impressive for what was done to it. Might have to get a rematch this year. I don't know if they'll let us in the 3k hooptie challenge again though.

It turns out, the head gasket issue might have been a blessing in disguise though, on tear down we also noticed that our protrusion had changed quite a bit. We started out with +.015 and ended up around -.020 on the 1st and 4th cylinder and -10 on the 2nd and 3rd cylinder which after looking closely at the rods we could see that they were slightly bent and shortened by .025-.035. We were somewhat surprised to begin with since these were the Haisley Hardened rods that are supposed to be good for up to 1500hp on a 6bt or around 1000hp on a 4bt. After researching and talking to the pros we still have not been able to pin point the exact cause but have narrowed it down to what we think is two good theories. Theory 1 that we are making our power too low in the rpm range causing cylinder pressures to be too high and beyond what the hardened could handle AKA #lildebbie is a torque monster. Theory 2 is that there is an issue with our water meth and is causing a hydro-locking condition in the cylinders.

Water meth can also create some pretty crazy cylinder pressure spikes. I'd look at ditching the methanol and only run water if you need cooling. What rpm do you make peak horse power and torque at? Head gasket issues are also a sign of excess cylinder pressure. Spend some time tweaking the power band and try to limit torque as much as you can. My 4bt has stock rods in it still which no issues but I don't have as agressive of an injection pump as you guys.

Just thought about this thread a few days ago. Love the update!

That f150 in your video is no joke. Ran a 12 on what looked like a stock truck. I’m sure he was a bit surprised by lildebbie.

Back