Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance > P-Pump 24Valve
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 08:57 AM   #161
Cozze44

Name: Cozze44
Title: Junkman
Member`s Gallery
IMG_0597.JPG
Big day ahead! Gotta work at the yard till 1 but after that it’s truck work till I can’t stand anymore. Manifold is all set and time to button up the engine and maybe take it for a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
14 Subaru Legacy Outback - Wifes ride - 70k
02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 06:50 PM   #162
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
IMG_0599.JPGIMG_0602.JPGIMG_0601.JPG

Got all the wastegate, turbo and bov plumbing buttoned up and got it running again. Not very long though as it ran out of fuel haha. But now I’m just gonna check over some bolts and get the fender and hood on to take it for a ride next week.

02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 07:59 PM   #163
PPUMPFUMMINS

Name: PPUMPFUMMINS
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Very nice work.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:46 PM   #164
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
IMG_0611.JPGIMG_0613.JPG
Get the head retorqued (a huge pita with wastegates hanging over the valvecover) and the valve lash adjusted. Knew they were way out by how loud the rockers were when it was running. So close to road ready, just some very small items and it’s ready!

02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 02:05 PM   #165
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
Finally got power back at the shop Friday after a week out from the past two storms. Getting the ladder bars done to send them for powder this week.
IMG_0662.JPGIMG_0663.JPGIMG_0665.JPG

02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 08:32 PM   #166
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
Finally got it buttoned up for a test drive tonight, just a run up and down our lane. It runs great but need some tuning for sure. I haven’t hooked the trans to my computer yet at all so I have no clue what kind of tune that has either. But I’m just ecstatic that it moves lol. Hopefully will get back in the shop Sunday during the day to get some solid time to give her a little loving and get some videos!

02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 09:33 PM   #167
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
Well it appears to be all done. The only concern I have are the vacuum pump may be leaking oil, I can’t tell if it was coming from the oil feed line or the pump as the fitting was boogered up pretty good so I’m giving that the first shot. Had to replace the egt gauge as well as the used one I had got from a member wasn’t functioning properly. A handful of other little issues taken care of and its ready for the next drive. Also got the ladder bars back from powder and bolted on, love the way they came out. Will probably be a couple weeks till I get it back out as the weather refuses to give us a break here and dumped another foot on us, so the driveway is a muddy mess. IMG_0740.JPGIMG_0741.JPGIMG_0742.JPG

02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 05:47 PM   #168
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
Gathering up some parts, need some help!

Ok I guess we’re back in action. I drug this money heap out of the weeds 3 weeks ago to hopefully get it on the road after a long hiatus. Since dragging it out:
-rebuilt the vac pump as the seal to the p/s drive housing was leaking
-changed out the stock steering shaft for a borgeson unit
-new xdp starter (these thing spin over like an animal)
-all new battery cables
-new northstar batteries (these batteries are legit)
-not a crowd pleaser but I swapped in a new steed t6, eff those dual wastegates. I’m still open to the idea, but my dumb ass cheaped out and got on3 junkers, they are way inconsistent and almost impossible to have them work in unison

Next up is I’m waiting for a new marmon flange to fab up a new downpipe as the one that was on here was raped beyond recognition. It seems on these big projects, when you think you’re almost done, there’s 20 other little things that snowball.

02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Last edited by Cozze44; 10-01-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:50 PM   #169
Empty_Pockets

Name: Empty_Pockets
Title: Undercover Epa agent
Member`s Gallery
Sweeeeeeeet I'm in on this
Those starters are real nice. What's the plans with this truck? Just a fun dd?

Old 10-02-2019, 04:56 AM   #170
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowlml View Post
Sweeeeeeeet I'm in on this
Those starters are real nice. What's the plans with this truck? Just a fun dd?
Fun DD, hook it a couple times a year, maybe a drag here and there. Really just set out to make something with power, but laid out nice to keep it reliable, and really just wanted to make a one of a kind mechanical truck. Should have never touched the thing when it was stock but what fun would that be?
02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 07:09 PM   #171
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
Click the image to open in full size.

Did some cleaning up tonight as we got some heavy rain, and laid out some work for tomorrow. These kits seem really nice for the money, and these are huge compared to oem. I fried the current one with my ace electrical work, so this is more my speed 😏

02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 10:11 AM   #172
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
Open
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."

Old 10-13-2019, 06:07 PM   #173
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
Gathering up some parts, need some help!

Ok, big day today. Got the Larry b’s over sized fuel shut off along with their harness and solenoid on today. Works like a charm and really cleaned up the under hood wiring rats nest I had before. Then whipped up a new down pipe as the old one was very misaligned and was caved in to clear the fire wall. Got the turbo setup all back together, only issue I have is getting an air filter on it. I squeezed one directly onto the turbo but I’ll be making and new tube to get the filter into some fresher air.
Only items to be completed now is I need to cap the waste gate port InThe hot pipe as for now it won’t be used, and to reprogram the ats stabdalone trans unit.
Gonna have a lot of questions as far as tuning goes soon I’m sure haha. She fires up super easy, bump the key and it fires off, however at idle it loops horribly. It clears up as soon as you give it some pedal, but I’d like to clear it up a bit. The only thing about the pump I’m unsure of is what dvs are in it. Not sure what Seth puts in his units, if he has a standard deal at all... More to come very soon.

02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Last edited by Cozze44; 10-13-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Old 10-14-2019, 08:14 AM   #174
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
So head start on the tuning. Currently guessing the dvs are 034 as it appears thats what Seth uses in his stage 3 pumps (180 pump) set at 24*, Stock holders, 084 lines, 093 delivery tubes, 6x16 injectors. I have afc live hooked up. I have yet to do ANY tuning other then just fire it up. - Any suggestions would be appreciated (I've yet to do any research on these pumps, so i'm pretty green yet.)
As far as the trans goes, I went out last night and hooked my laptop up for the first time, but the cpu says "Driver Unknown," So I cant get the ats program to establish comms. I really haven't worked on that yet since it was late, so im gonna double check the laptop is seeing the connection before I dig into the wiring.
02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Last edited by Cozze44; 10-14-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Old 10-15-2019, 06:51 AM   #175
zachu812

Name: zachu812
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I like to start with the pre-boost backed all the way out and the AFC slid all the way back towards the cab. Make sure the AFC spring still has some tension on it when you back off pre-boost, depending on what spring is in there you might have to tighten up the star wheel to make sure foot actually goes all the way back. The truck might not start like this, if it doesn't slide the AFC forward a little bit at a time until the truck starts easily with no pedal. From here you're pretty much on your own with AFC live, I've only tuned trucks by setting up the AFC properly.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:15 AM   #176
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozze44 View Post
So head start on the tuning. Currently guessing the dvs are 034 as it appears thats what Seth uses in his stage 3 pumps (180 pump) set at 24*, Stock holders, 084 lines, 093 delivery tubes, 6x16 injectors. I have afc live hooked up. I have yet to do ANY tuning other then just fire it up. - Any suggestions would be appreciated (I've yet to do any research on these pumps, so i'm pretty green yet.)
As far as the trans goes, I went out last night and hooked my laptop up for the first time, but the cpu says "Driver Unknown," So I cant get the ats program to establish comms. I really haven't worked on that yet since it was late, so im gonna double check the laptop is seeing the connection before I dig into the wiring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachu812 View Post
I like to start with the pre-boost backed all the way out and the AFC slid all the way back towards the cab. Make sure the AFC spring still has some tension on it when you back off pre-boost, depending on what spring is in there you might have to tighten up the star wheel to make sure foot actually goes all the way back. The truck might not start like this, if it doesn't slide the AFC forward a little bit at a time until the truck starts easily with no pedal. From here you're pretty much on your own with AFC live, I've only tuned trucks by setting up the AFC properly.
Appreciate the input! I'm just debating on if i'll be pissing up a rope trying to get this to idle smoothly and run relatively clean with the current inj line size and cross over orifice. I have a set of stock tubes I think i'm gonna knock the filters out and swap in if pump tuning doesn't fix it. If that helps and still needs more, I may get some stock size conversion lines...
02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 12:49 PM   #177
zachu812

Name: zachu812
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozze44 View Post
Appreciate the input! I'm just debating on if i'll be pissing up a rope trying to get this to idle smoothly and run relatively clean with the current inj line size and cross over orifice. I have a set of stock tubes I think i'm gonna knock the filters out and swap in if pump tuning doesn't fix it. If that helps and still needs more, I may get some stock size conversion lines...
Missed the part about a lope at idle, thought that was about general tuning. What size lines and tubes do you have in it? What RPM is it idling at right now? Can't hurt to try stock tubes, they're easy enough to swap out.

Old 10-15-2019, 06:55 PM   #178
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachu812 View Post
Missed the part about a lope at idle, thought that was about general tuning. What size lines and tubes do you have in it? What RPM is it idling at right now? Can't hurt to try stock tubes, they're easy enough to swap out.

I’ll have more answers tmrw, only worked on the trans tonight. Found the correct driver to install to program the tcu, no thanks to ats website 😏. Ended up going on PCS site and reading through their manual instead. Test within the next couple days! Damn these short days, this lack of daylight is the worst.

02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 10:24 AM   #179
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
Half-assed a cap for the wastegate port in the hot pipe, my tig is in the fritz so a quick mig will do. Gonna cap that off and i'm in good shape. Going to try and diag why the alt wont charge tonight as well. Gauges are operational, and alt is good, if the ECM took a shat, i'm just gonna convert it to internal reg.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1342.jpg (262.7 KB, 0 views)
02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 05:40 PM   #180
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
Impatiently, I had to cap this sucker and rip it down the road when I got home, it’s pouring rain here so can’t get a true performance feel for it, but the turbos seem to light quick. Low rpm seems to run rough, as in almost a shake, but midlow-high rpm (4500) it runs really nice and smooth. I assume this must be some sort of timing knock? Because the engine is loud at idle and low rpm, but high rpm it quiets. Maybe I’m not used to a mechanical engine? Either way, I put a ton of time and money into this, and it still drips oil. 👍🏻 wouldn’t have it any other way 😂

02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Closed Thread