What would a bw 88/87/1.10 flow?

So it just won't flow as well or like it should?

Yes that is correct. You usually run into surge issues when the comp inducer is larger than the turbine exducer. It ends up being a laggy pig with high egts. Just not enough shaft power availible to drive an 88mm comp to its potential. I suspect the 92mm turbine is right at its limit with that large of a comp. From speaking with Jose in the past the gt4718 is on the edge of not enough turbine. It def is if you get into the higher flowing billet wheels. If it were me I would build a gt5018 if you really want an 88mm compressor. Those things are supposed to spool even faster than the 47!!!

Last edited:
Don't need an 88mm comp wheel to do 800. Might be good to dyno and see where you are.

Don't need an 88mm comp wheel to do 800. Might be good to dyno and see where you are.
I should be able to achieve 800 with what I have, but iv been told my lil 160 won't do 800.

I plan to dyno, but the closest one is 150+ miles away. So id like to be really content before dyno, since I don't have a set number.

I should be able to achieve 800 with what I have, but iv been told my lil 160 won't do 800.

I plan to dyno, but the closest one is 150+ miles away. So id like to be really content before dyno, since I don't have a set number.

So you need a pump, not a turbo?

quit waisting your time and send that thing to kevin.. you will not be dissappointed.. and it will only take a couple of days other than shipping............

quit waisting your time and send that thing to kevin.. you will not be dissappointed.. and it will only take a couple of days other than shipping............
I want to see what this 160 is capable of, plus it'll be worth more when I sell.

I plan on sending it off fairy soon, I just won't install it till I dyno this pump.

Who'd you get your new pump from?

for this motor im still only planning on a useable 800hp so im going to stay with the 491 and im not sure about the top yet, if this doesnt sell then im fine with keeping it and just using a 4t manifold with an t3 adaptor and a built in gate to go around the top charger to drive it a bit harder..
anyway thats the other reason i had kevin do the 913 pump.. the plate all the way back makes 260ccs, where he wants me to run it on the daily is 450, and when everything i pushed forward i puts out 680ccs.. kevin got the pump on tuesday and it was back on its way on thursday.. it gets no better for customer service..
and bills pump is going to be a 13mm now when i get it back.. ill know more when that happens..

for this motor im still only planning on a useable 800hp so im going to stay with the 491 and im not sure about the top yet, if this doesnt sell then im fine with keeping it and just using a 4t manifold with an t3 adaptor and a built in gate to go around the top charger to drive it a bit harder..
anyway thats the other reason i had kevin do the 913 pump.. the plate all the way back makes 260ccs, where he wants me to run it on the daily is 450, and when everything i pushed forward i puts out 680ccs.. kevin got the pump on tuesday and it was back on its way on thursday.. it gets no better for customer service..
and bills pump is going to be a 13mm now when i get it back.. ill know more when that happens..
680cc, nice!

I've been having a steed speed t4 on my kitchen table for a couple months waiting to go on. But I've had the worst luck with t3 to t4 adapters. Should have just bought a t4 housing, but wanted to use me ss housing cause of the dual gates.

I just bought a he351 to try and I'm gonna get a fancy smancy batmowheel for it, maybe gate it if I need to. If I don't like the 351, I'm gonna go back with the 62 and maybe change the turbine.

Yes that is correct. You usually run into surge issues when the comp inducer is larger than the turbine exducer. It ends up being a laggy pig with high egts. Just not enough shaft power availible to drive an 88mm comp to its potential. I suspect the 92mm turbine is right at its limit with that large of a comp. From speaking with Jose in the past the gt4718 is on the edge of not enough turbine. It def is if you get into the higher flowing billet wheels. If it were me I would build a gt5018 if you really want an 88mm compressor. Those things are supposed to spool even faster than the 47!!!
I was think that a gt50 would be the next step up. I just hate to mess with changing my piping. I like the drop in ease of BW for the time being.

I'm not dead set on a 88 but I like the thought it.

Thanks for the explanation!

I was think that a gt50 would be the next step up. I just hate to mess with changing my piping. I like the drop in ease of BW for the time being.

I'm not dead set on a 88 but I like the thought it.

Thanks for the explanation!

If you need an 88mm drop in, we make the S400 based 88 with the larger 1.32A/R and 96mm turbine wheel. The 87mm turbine is not enough to drive it and the 92 is on the ragged edge of driving it, just like the GT47 turbine. Just not enough blade face and flow.

Back