95' Junker Drag Truck

So have you hot torqued a 625 and a 2000 to 150ft/lbs back to back and measured stretch? That seems like a clear sign to me.

No, we only check stretch when using high strength fasteners on "billet" aftermarket performance rods.

One neat tool we picked up a couple years back was a digitial Snap-On 1/2" drive torque wrench. It's telling when you see when and where the different fasteners will break free, how quickly they come up to torque, etc. Usually, ARP 2000's, when torqued to 125 ft lbs cold will start to move around 115 ft lbs on a warm engine.

ARP 625's torqued to 150 ft lbs cold usually start to move around 145 ft lbs on a warm engine, but sometimes they take 150 or just a bit more to break free, drop back to the low 140's, then come back up to 150 ft lbs. It's obvious they do a much better job compressing the gasket with a single torque. That said, when the ARP 2000's are torqued higher than spec, they exhibit similar behavior requiring more torque to break free and less movement/gasket crush/valve lash adjustment change when they are re-torqued.

Good info. I was actually going to mention digital wrenches in my post earlier and got side tracked. We had a tech in the shop with a digital torque adapter that would be more than capable but would cause an issue on bolt/studs under the cowl.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

What fuel filter do you have on the junker Will ? I read back through where your showing the fuel system, draw straw, check ball setup.

Back