tdi buggy

andy2

Haven't posted up here too much but figured someone would like to see my off road buggy in action.

Recipe is 300bhp vw 2L BHW tdi,Th350 manual valve body with 10" converter,NWF titan blackbox,NP205,d60/14 bolt 4.10,40" maxxis treapador

Engine has Darkside Developments race cam,valve springs,headstuds,Firad 100% nozzles,fass lift pump,Vibrant intercooler,Gt2052w/Super hx30w and TD tuning for ecu.

The link below is a video to download,I had the T-case in low (1.96:1) and my doubler was in 1:1.Took off in 1st and shifted into 2nd early on.

Share Files

Thanks for the replies.I don't have any other videos on it yet.

This vw bhw engine was 134 hp.The cyl head was not removed! I did swap out the OE oil pump/balance shaft module for the regular old vw ALH pump and chain setup.

Engine coolant temp runs too hot so that is my next issue to solve.The current rad is likely good for 150 hp but fits nicely.

Thats killer. And very odd timing this is posted for multiple reasons. First, as muffler bearing was saying, we just talked about smaller diesel motors in our turds just last week vs the LS Motors. And then last night i had idea about using samuri running gear and making mini tube chasis buggy with motor cycle motor

I have been telling the wife that I was the engine from my jetta in an offroader when the car dies.

I've been following the R2. 8 cummins conversions and wonder how it stacks performance wise against a modded vw

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

The issues we discussed last week with thia direction were based on few things.

#1 we (muffler and i) are ignorant idiots and would end up with some fire breathing expensive pos to make ourselfs happy. And would have a big smoky mess going through woods.

#2 price vs power , the LS is so stinking easy to use and have good power/wheel speed.

But either way...my mind still wants a small 4cyl diesel with a few fans on it.

Pics are badazz! That is a cool rig.

I’ve always wanted a TDI to daily, but German sht scares me lol

That bouncer is awesome!! Sounds like it's working well!

The r2.8 can be 'touched' by a few nameless tuners around the community and appears to be capable of some decent HP.

#1 we (muffler and i) are ignorant idiots and would end up with some fire breathing expensive pos to make ourselfs happy. And would have a big smoky mess going through woods.

#2 price vs power , the LS is so stinking easy to use and have good power/wheel speed.

But either way...my mind still wants a small 4cyl diesel with a few fans on it.

Love this post,too funny! The diesel thing doesn't make any sense when compared to the LS.I threw quite a bit of time and money at this.I'm in the "Unlimited" class of our little TMR Customs offroad race series.Most of the guys run LS power with 40" tires.There are about 15 V8's,2 v6's and me with the 4 banger diesel.I can hang with a good chunk of the class on a straight drag and keep up with the best of them off the line.Suspension,chassis,geometry and steering are the most important things for us I'd say.I have pretty good steering however my suspension/ would need some attention and/or $$$$ to keep up.

BTW mine is a big smoky mess in the hot summer heat,lol.The intercooler gets heat soaked fast when working the engine hard while stationary.

What is considered decent? They can tune all day since it a retro build motor.

300 hp is no sweat for the unit injector vw 2.0L.The r2.8 would need to make 420 hp by comparison without pulling the cylinder head! I'd bet it weighs quite a bit more also when comparing HP to weight.

So you're using the 2.0 common rail engine in this? Or did I completely miss something?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is an odd ball engine used from 2004-2005 and only in the VW passat.It is a 2.0L unit injector engine.2.0L common rail was 2009-2015.Vw also used a 1.9L unit injector engine in the Golf/Jetta from 2004-2006.Unit injector AKA "PD engine".

300 hp is no sweat for the unit injector vw 2.0L.The r2.8 would need to make 420 hp by comparison without pulling the cylinder head! I'd bet it weighs quite a bit more also when comparing HP to weight.

That's interesting.

I have a rainy day build goal of 350hp for my beater 2.8l CRD/ sales vehicle.

Back