2003 F350 w/ Vp44 and a 47RE.

Damn that’s a crap ton of awesome in one build. Suspension is definitely the best feature of this rig.

Two weeks to go? Good luck. Why do these kind of projects always come down to the wire?

I figured if I could design 26" travel x 7ft wide A-arm suspensions why not some cool air ride for my tow rig? It'll be nice to have a tow rig instead of a tow pig. My papa smurf dodge did surprise a few people tho lol. It you don't thrash to the finish it'll never get done.

fummins51251.jpg

fummins51252.jpg

fummins51253.jpg

fummins51254.jpg

fummins51255.jpg

fummins51256.jpg

fummins51257.jpg

fummins51258.jpg

fummins51259.jpg

fummins51260.jpg

Loads of small fab work going into this dirtbag... Lot of late nights.
I keep on thinking I'd rather be working on the buggy...

1) is that the factory Ford fan on the Cummins hub?
2)what are you going to use for a radiator in your liquid to air intercooler?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Will be interesting to see how that front trailing arm works on the street. They tried it on monster trucks, but it was hard on the frame. Should ride great.

1) is that the factory Ford fan on the Cummins hub?
2)what are you going to use for a radiator in your liquid to air intercooler?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

That's the dodge fan, its a tight fit.

fummins51249.jpg

10x18x2.25 intercooler core heat ex changer.
Bigger than most of the exchangers I see.

Will be interesting to see how that front trailing arm works on the street. They tried it on monster trucks, but it was hard on the frame. Should ride great.

I can see that, all the structure in a monster truck is in the middle.
Front of the Ford frame is strong enough for leaf eyes, should be enough for some links.

fummins51261.jpg

fummins51262.jpg

fummins51263.jpg

fummins51264.jpg

fummins51265.jpg

I love this faro CMM , junkyard doesn't send floor shifter mount? Scan it, make a better one. We are moving along, fluids in most things in place. Time to spend a bunch of time under the dash taking care of the misc like bag gauges etc etc.

fummins51267.jpg

fummins51268.jpg

fummins51269.jpg

fummins51270.jpg

fummins51271.jpg

fummins51272.jpg

fummins51273.jpg

fummins51274.jpg

What a test, towed okay. Airbags are a bit different, intercooler pump wasn't plugged in (HOT egts), 5th wheel hitch bolts only hand tight and every suspension bolt needed tightened.
Right out of the gate the fuel pump power wire (intank) decided to pull its self from its crimp. So Fummins to the rescue, first time airing down, first time towing out with my own truck. The Cepek Ultra Country tires bagged really well for E rated tires. Awesome float on the dunes, towing or not we never dug down on any hill. Hell it backed up hill on loose sand with out digging. I towed a 2000lb rail out with 20psi F/R lol.
Off and on during the weekend we took the truck out, kids enjoyed the rides together. Need to get on my lighting upgrades but so far it tows, recovers and cruises the dunes in relative comfort- goals met. Oh and the 80 gallons of 92 non-eth and transfer pump was awesome, no more stupid leaky cans for this guy.

Still needs
Front wheel bearings, new front calipers (stuck on me, smoked pads), drilled rotors/performance pads, safari rack, more lights etc.

Just Awesome! Glad the first trial went good.

Just one question, do you have a regular everyday job? There is a lot of time put into that truck.

Just Awesome! Glad the first trial went good.

Just one question, do you have a regular everyday job? There is a lot of time put into that truck.

I'm jgsturbo.com , jgsfab which builds the bendtech Dragon A150 and JGSfab powdercoating. Also I manage all the tech at JGS Precision (network, comps, software, etc.). Its been great to have good staff to keep jobs rolling and help out a lot, quite a bit of no pay hours too.
With that said its good to be the boss ;) But we've be logging tons of off hours on this truck, been working nightly till 10pm , most weekends, etc.
I really have not built anything in the last 3 years besides machines, shops and tools. So it was time for me to go on a binge and boy I picked a whopper for the time available. But its good for biz, keeps my mind fresh finds new stuff to build/sell and starts conversations when I'm at the dunes etc.

How do the 47re handle the dunes?got a temp gauge on that bad boy.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

How do the 47re handle the dunes?got a temp gauge on that bad boy.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Better than towing , CTS2 and a big falking cooler. Might add another cooler wasn't as cool as I wanted towing. Need a restall, my specrite held me at 1200rpms pulling 14k up my driveway in 1st. Too tight.

Back