Higher rail pressure questions

2004cuminz

Anyone run the exergy higher prv. Like the 32000 prv. Any benefits or disadvantages. What about the higher pressure sensor from exergy. Would it help with power. What about smoke, would it run any cleaner.04.5 truck

Are you having trouble with your valve popping open? If not, neither of those parts will benefit you, especially without tuning changes

Agreed. If your pulse is at or close to your max comfort level, pressure is the only way besides a bigger nozzle.

What about cleaning up smoke some would it help with that by running more rail pressure.what about running a 6.7 rail or a performance rail from t&c. Whats the benefits of something like that.

I've seen 60rwhp going from 26,000psi to 29,000psi in certain applications. Higher pressure will definitely make more power. For a street truck, it will be really hard on the injectors. For a competition truck, it's the best way to make power. Low pulse, high pressure, Can't beat it.

Could it also help with rail drop on a pump limited setup?

Maybe, put it on the dyno and drop some duration and add pressure. All kinda depends on the setup I guess. What’s your duration at now?

I run a stock 6.7 sensor and plugged rail. Just gotta remap the sensor voltage for the higher pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You cant just put a 6.7 pressure sensor on you have to remap the voltage on it? I finally got tunes from firepunk and as far as i can tell it maxad at 2200 us. Thats the hot tune and he sent me a revision with some more duration but all it did was smoke more. I have been running the street tune for the most part i cant remember what the duration is on it. I believe the truck runs pretty good will light the tires up in third when i flip lockup at 45 and spin the tires till it goes to od. Just looking for smaller things i can do to get a little more if i can. Been trying to get on the dyno but the only one near me is booked for a month

Yes you can swap the sensor and it will run, but if you don't scale the tune correctly it will actually carry more pressure than what it thinks.

What's the fuel / air combo on this truck?

Truck has a ppe dual dueler kit. 170% over ii injectors fass 150, tator built 68/68 which just broke a 1000hp at firepunk. Hoping i can get in the 950 plus range.

Back